Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Anyone have a Sodastream?

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
So I'm thinking about picking up a sodastream as a gift for someone and I'm curious if anyone has one and what you think of it. Is it terribly expensive to keep buying the refills of CO2 and flavor additives? How is the flavor? Really, any thoughts or comments should be helpful, and I say should be because I noticed we still let Lassy hang around here ;-)

Comments

• Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I dont have one but I am interested to see if anyone has feedback on them as I am also thinking of buying one. My coworker has one and uses it mostly for sparkling water, they seem to like it.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still have a couple of them but haven't used them in quite a while.... ever since I stopped using soda in my bourbon. They work well except that they always seem to run empty just when you're halfway through mixing your drink, LOL. The only thing you may have a problem with is finding food-grade CO2 cartridges. Non-food- grade CO2 is NOT recommended, just as non-food-grade butane isn't recommended for culinary use such as in making a flan, etc. Kuzi will know about that part.

I also used to have trouble finding cartridges. They were virtually unknown in the small town where I live and I had to locate them online... when possible.

You can also use them for making fizzy orange juice, etc.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooopsie! I spoke too soon. Mine aren't Sodastream. They're just the regular, old style seltzer makers. I just looked up Sodastream and found out they're a whole new ball game. Sorry.
  • Options
    dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Bought one for my wife for Xmas and she loves it. I also use it to make sparkling water and juice. They are good to go so no worries. The value vs soda depends are what kinds of soda or whatever you buy. For me though, adding a little zip to a healthy juice is awesome. I have no problems finding the refils as they are all over the place now.