Home Non Cigar Related

Murals

RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
We have A new mural in progress in downtown Rockmart and I thought it is worth sharing. Anyone have local murals? I would love to see other works.

And one more.

Comments

• taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    there are several in the Chickamauga/Chattanooga area but i dont think i have any pictures of them...might be a day to take the k5 out for a spin and take some :D
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    there are several in the Chickamauga/Chattanooga area but i dont think i have any pictures of them...might be a day to take the k5 out for a spin and take some :D

I haven't forgot about the draw-knife, I have been A little behind in my projects lately. Hopefully soon. It will be worth the wait, I guarantee it.
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    dont worry about it at all, you have a life that you're living, and there are more important things (like fishing) than making a knife for a kid you dont even know, i did get back into whittling around some, and ipp probably post one or two of my projects in the carving thread if'n you don't mind.
  • jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good idea for a thread and those are some very cool murals, RBeckom. I love seeing these giant murals whenever we drive around. There's a few good ones around here and probably 6+ in our old neighborhood (Google: "short north murals columbus ohio").....but I don't have any personal pics of them so these are all from the web.
    But here's a couple of my favs:

"Liberty Remembers" in Bucyrus OH. (Not super close to us, but it's on the way to my fiance's parents house)

"Van Gogh’s Café Terrace at Night" in Columbus (this and all the one's below are near our old house. This one has since been covered up by a new buildling though)

"Train mural" in Columbus

"American Gothic" in Columbus (This one may be gone too, not sure)

"Mona Lisa" in Columbus

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

taythegibs:
    dont worry about it at all, you have a life that you're living, and there are more important things (like fishing) than making a knife for a kid you dont even know, i did get back into whittling around some, and ipp probably post one or two of my projects in the carving thread if'n you don't mind.

That's what that thread is all about. I'd love to see photos of your work.
    taythegibs:

That's what that thread is all about. I'd love to see photos of your work.
    jgibv:
    Good idea for a thread and those are some very cool murals, RBeckom. I love seeing these giant murals whenever we drive around. There's a few good ones around here and probably 6+ in our old neighborhood (Google: "short north murals columbus ohio").....but I don't have any personal pics of them so these are all from the web.
    But here's a couple of my favs:

"Liberty Remembers" in Bucyrus OH. (Not super close to us, but it's on the way to my fiance's parents house)

"Van Gogh’s Café Terrace at Night" in Columbus (this and all the one's below are near our old house. This one has since been covered up by a new buildling though)

"Train mural" in Columbus

"American Gothic" in Columbus (This one may be gone too, not sure)

"Mona Lisa" in Columbus

This is art in all it's glory.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    In New Orleans:
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Joe Strummer mural in the East Village NYC.