Home General Discussion
Options

Padilla Habano

Thanks to ccom, I've discovered this nice little cigar. So, I'm thinking of trying another one of Padilla's sticks. Anyone else here like the Habano? Any suggestions on another good Padilla?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    All of them. :) Seriously though, if you are a fan of full bodied cigars, then the Signature 1932 torpedo from Padilla is most excellent in my opinion. Also the Sig. 1948 is worth looking into as well as the Padilla Miami. I think Padilla makes some of the best cigars right now, and I haven't had one that I didn't like.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    I really enjoyed the habano. I would also recommend the series '68 (the only other padilla ive tried). Also the Miami got a 94 rating if you go by that. Ill tell ya what,Ill do ya a favor... Ill go outside and smoke the...oh i dont know...how about the Achilles, and ill tell you how it was.

(I cant believe the trouble I go through for you guys!)
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    smbrink:
    I really enjoyed the habano. I would also recommend the series '68 (the only other padilla ive tried). Also the Miami got a 94 rating if you go by that. Ill tell ya what,Ill do ya a favor... Ill go outside and smoke the...oh i dont know...how about the Achilles, and ill tell you how it was.

(I cant believe the trouble I go through for you guys!)
    Haha, I know, it must be a real pain. I was looking at the Achilles as well, and liked it mostly for the price. I might pick up one of the Padilla samplers if I have the cash come payday.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I like the Obsidian too. I've heard some people here have had draw issues but if you give it a few months rest they are fine. I thought it was a good smoke if you like a good full flavored maduro.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I'd have to second the Obsidian. Other than the Habano, it is my favorite Padilla.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    So I just finished the Padilla Achilles, and it was very enjoyable. I smoked it while my wife and I took our dog to the pond on base. However when i first lit up the wrapper cracked at the mid way point. But other than that it smoked like a dream. Although watching my golden retriever swimming around fetching sticks that we threw in to the water I coulda been smoking a swisher and thought it was an Opus X.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    PuroFreak:
    I like the Obsidian too. I've heard some people here have had draw issues but if you give it a few months rest they are fine. I thought it was a good smoke if you like a good full flavored maduro.
    I have smoked a few of these and never experienced a draw or burn issue. A nice full flavored cigar is also how I would describe them.. Mine all had several months of age on them, so this may be the way to overcome any uneven burns.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I too liked the Habano and found the 68 to be also very good and similar in body. I also like the 32, 48 and Miami but thought it was a little strong, though flavorful. I probably should have given it some more time in the humi. I haven't found any that I didn't like.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I just finished a habano about an hour ago. I love these things. I did have some slight burn issues, the wrapper couldn't quite keep up with the filler so I had to touch up the wrapper now and then. No big deal, still a great smoke. More time in the humi will hopefully solve this. I bought some more Padillas based on how much I like the habano, I'm sitting on 68's, miami's, achillies and obsidians. Can't wait!
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    After all this talk about Padilla I went home last night and smokes an Obsidian. Great smoke with LOTS of flavor just like I remembered. This smoke has a certain flavor that reminded me of semi-sweet chocolate. The draw was a bit tight but overall a VERY good cigar!
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I haven't tried an Obsidian yet, but I've got a couple resting now. Sounds like another good one.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I'm with Joe... have never had a bad Padilla (although I've had a few Obsidians I've had to fuss with). All their blends are good; Last night I had a Hybrid that had spent several months in the humi, it was so good I was looking for the roach clip. I still have a few Achilles Salomans tucked away for a nice lazy evening on the deck down by the river.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm a huuge fan of the Miami. Other than that all ive had was the obsidian. Tried 4 of those and coldnt get a single one to burn right.
  • Options
    TumblerTumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    All of them. :) Seriously though, if you are a fan of full bodied cigars, then the Signature 1932 torpedo from Padilla is most excellent in my opinion. Also the Sig. 1948 is worth looking into as well as the Padilla Miami. I think Padilla makes some of the best cigars right now, and I haven't had one that I didn't like.

I am with Joe here. I haven't had the '48, but the '32 is my favorite, followed by the miami, and then the Habano. The '68 didn't quite cut it for me - but I just had one. They habano can be had at a great price - and with a little age - it might just smooth 'em out a touch...
  • Options
    benskibenski Posts: 24 ✭✭
    I bought the Padilla Achilles Torpedos when they were on special the other week. I have smoked a couple. They're medium bodied, quite spicy (but not too strong or overpowering). Very smokeable. A little on the ordinary side - perfect for an every day smoke though.
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    benski:
    I bought the Padilla Achilles Torpedos when they were on special the other week. I have smoked a couple. They're medium bodied, quite spicy (but not too strong or overpowering). Very smokeable. A little on the ordinary side - perfect for an every day smoke though.
    I've liked what I've heard about the Achilles so far. I'm looking to pick up a few next weekend, along with a couple other Padillas.