Home Non Cigar Related
Options

so how many musicians we got?

I have played drums since I was 4. Raised on ludwigs and besides those I only play mapex. I also play bass and run a recording studio. Well still trying to get my own business started but hey its coming along. Also enjoy doing live sound. I've ran concerts for lots of bands like journey boba flex saliva staind sevendust and many more.

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Been playing drums since I was 13, picked up guitar about 10 yrs ago and just started thimping a bass last year. Too many high school and bar bands to even consider listing, or remembering for that matter... I was a good Dad and handed the 7pc Tama Rockstars to my oldest son when he turned 13.
    Epiphone non-reverse Thunderbird 5-string, WOOT!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool bass! I love the thunderbirds. Ive been playing guitar for about 10 years, I mostly play a ibanez vai signature jem that is about 5 years old. I just recently ripped its guts out and upgraded the trem block and springs! I've got a little orange tiny terror that rocks, back home I've Gorbachev mesa roadking and marshall stack; they're a little much for an apartment ;)

Oh and mapex are great! I've got a Saturn set at home. Awesome drums.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Very cool bass! I love the thunderbirds. Ive been playing guitar for about 10 years, I mostly play a ibanez vai signature jem that is about 5 years old. I just recently ripped its guts out and upgraded the trem block and springs! I've got a little orange tiny terror that rocks, back home I've Gorbachev mesa roadking and marshall stack; they're a little much for an apartment ;)

Oh and mapex are great! I've got a Saturn set at home. Awesome drums.

I'm in the process of rebuilding a Fernandez Monterey. Haven't made up my mind on pick-ups yet. Can't decide between EMG 85/81's or Seymour Duncan Blackouts...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I wish I could say I was a musician but I'm not. I am trying to self teach acoustic guitar. Just need to dedicate more time and learn how to change the strings properly.
  • Options
    Black outs
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    played bass for a while but got into vocals a few years ago and never really looked back. So easy to carry my equipment now.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    played bass for a while but got into vocals a few years ago and never really looked back. So easy to carry my equipment now.
    Haha. I used to live in gardner mass. Dirty ass little town. Great bars though
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Been playing guitar for around 28-29 years or so. Mostly electric/lead (I started out in the 80s as a metal-head but mellowed and branched out to many different types of music as I 'aged' lol). Have an 1989 Fender American Strat Plus with the lace sensor pickups, an Epiphone Les Paul and a Takamine acoustic. Carvin MTS 212 amp and just a few effects. I rarely play out anymore, but when i do lately it's just been me with another guy on acoustic/vocals, so I play clean mostly anymore.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I've played guitar for about 16 years. Wish I could play metal, mostly play blues, lol
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Working at the studio now... What consoles have you used bro?
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ukulele
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Right now I'm. Using a presonus studiolive 24.4.2 at the concert hall we just some generic yamaha ginormous eats way to much energy for the little bit of sound it puts out built in the 80's I'm amazed it hasn't caught on fire yet board. We run cerwin vega speakers monitors and sidefills.
  • Options
    danielzreyes:
    Ukulele

Dude, check out Jake Shimabukuro on YouTube. He rocks!
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    Nicest board I ever used was a midas heritage 3000... I jizzed at least 6 times haha
  • Options
    doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    I am a drummer as well, though purely as a hobby. I haven't even jammed with friends in years but still have the Pearl Export kit I started on when I was 11.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toombes:
    danielzreyes:
    Ukulele

Dude, check out Jake Shimabukuro on YouTube. He rocks!
    I saw him live in a small show up in San Francisco. He's amazing.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR