Home Cigar 101
Options

Zippo Blu

MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
I am curious to see what CCOM thinks about the Zippo Blu lighters. I had a cigar with a friend today and he brought a Zippo Blu, which was my first experience with a torch. I have to say I liked it (and I love the Zippo style) and told him I might go out and buy one, but its $40 =O.
With all the cheap butane torches out (under $20), is it worth the $40 price tag even with the lifetime warranty?

Comments

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Never tried one but I do like my Ixar duel flame... At a certain point I think price goes more for a wow factor. Ccom's single flame is great, they throw them in sometimes when you get their deals. If you like the lighter than I say that's good enough. I learned something from getting lighters, I got a colbri tri flame for I think 80 bucks, well it died on my and now won't work. So I'm out 80bucks, they went out of business. I don't think lighters should cost you that much but it was a very pretty lighter (lol). I think I paid 60 or so for my Ixar duel flame and I really like it. In fact all my cigar stuff is from them.. hmm...
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    phobicsquirrel:
    If you like the lighter than I say that's good enough.

I should add that the flame is nonadjustable. If I buy the Zippo Blu, will I regret not buying a lighter with an adjustable flame?
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Get a $3 Ronson from Wal-Mart. It works good and if you lose it its not a big deal.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    If the flame on the Zippo is pretty decent, then I'd imagine there shouldn't be a need to adjust it. That said, I wouldn't like having a non-adjustable lighter, sometimes you want a bigger flame, sometimes smaller, and I like having that flexibility.

I think for a $40 price tag, you can get a much better lighter, not to say the Zippo is no good, but I've heard they don't last too terribly long sometimes. I'm talking something in the Xikar family, like the Executive for $25. I've never heard a bad thing about a Xikar lighter.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    And leonard's got a good suggestion too, I've seen his Ronson lighter, the thing lights every time...it's a trooper.
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I have to admit.... the blu does look pretty sexy...
  • Options
    rmccloudrmccloud Posts: 160 ✭✭
    If you do decide to go with the Blu, do a quick google search on it. If you use the google shopping option, you can find it for around $27 or so. No need to pay the extra coin if you don't have to.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    If you want a Zippo torch, you can pick up the Z-Plus, it is $10 and goes in any Zippo casing.