Home Non Cigar Related
Options

donating plasma

For the first time walking in as we speak. This is saying a lot coming from someone who is terrified of needles

Comments

• Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    dont pull the needle out and make sure its wrapped up tight!
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    dont pull the needle out and make sure its wrapped up tight!
    Lol I knew better than that. Funny thing is I always do some kinda volunteer work so I was like hey why not go donate plasma make 300 a month help save lives and fund my cigar hobby that way? The soon to be wife won't be **** bout money in the bank if I'm not spending it right? Haha
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Are you donating or selling?
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87Shaun.Harrison87 Posts: 1,971
    skweekz:
    Everyone here calls it donating, but it's not unpaid per say. Good flex money fund, just make sure you stay on top of your immune system...you are a lot more susceptible while "donating"
  • Options
    Shaun.Harrison87:
    skweekz:
    Everyone here calls it donating, but it's not unpaid per say. Good flex money fund, just make sure you stay on top of your immune system...you are a lot more susceptible while "donating"
    Ya its called donating here what they are really paying you for is your time. And each visit they pay more. Like first of the month is 20 second is 35. Eventually twice a week for 4 weeks straight you make like 265ish. It taes bout an hour to hour 15 to do it so.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    if there was a place local to me that wasn't shady i would "donate" plasma, but there's not so i just donate blood. (and needles freak me the hell out!)
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I donate platelets (have an ungodly count) You accrue points and can get cheap prizes and such. They are always calling me to do another donation.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    I donate platelets (have an ungodly count) You accrue points and can get cheap prizes and such. They are always calling me to do another donation.
    I have ITP so if u donate platelets you know how serious this condition is. Ive almost died several times from my platelets bottoming out. so thank you for your donations
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i HATE needles. but it is a good deed and you do get a bit of cash out of it. maybe i should consider this.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I donate blood on a semi regular basis to the red cross. Used to do the double red but that hurts my arms for some reason.
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    A round of applause to all who donate, for cash or not, it is A great thing that you are doing. I personally can't give because of my medicine load and an insane fear of needles. Still my hats off to you.