Home General Discussion
Options

My first Ramon Bueso

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Just fired it up and so far im impressed. Def taste black pepper on the finish. Report more later.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Nice to hear, I've got some en route to Maine! A lot of hype surrounding this guy right now, it's great to see people get the accolades they worked so hard to deserve.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Just placed my order with Andy today for mine. I cant wait.. let us know the end result...
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Medic45:
    Just placed my order with Andy today for mine. I cant wait.. let us know the end result...
    Me too
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    Just fired it up and so far im impressed. Def taste black pepper on the finish. Report more later.
    Mine should be landing tomorrow. Is yours ROTT? Thinking it should give it a week...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Krieg:
    Mine should be landing tomorrow. Is yours ROTT? Thinking it should give it a week...
    +1 mine come in tomorrow too, was wondering if I should have one this weekend or not
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    I think i might have to order these tomorrow every one keeps talking about them !
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    Looks like I got to add a fiver on my next order
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I can say these are pretty great ROTT, so feel free to light up one of the five when you get them. It's gonna be hard not to to save any of them before box sales become available.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    I can say these are pretty great ROTT, so feel free to light up one of the five when you get them. It's gonna be hard not to to save any of them before box sales become available.
    Thanks, already looking forward to it tomorrow night!
  • Options
    im gong to put one on my order and enjoy it next Wednesday. This will be the first day of summer for me and i have a 4 stick line up all picked out
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Smoked one of these yesterday. At first I thought it was kinda like an undercrown but that only lasted a couple inches. Everything after that was a pleasant surprise.

• Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    skweekz:
    Thanks for the info! My buddy just got back from his honeymoon, maybe if they get here in time I can convince him to light up with me after lunch...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    looks like my experience was different than everyone elses. about half way through, mine took a turn for the worse. just became very bitter. I wasn't smoking it fast either. oh well...ill give the others a little time to settle before i fire another one up.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Ken Light:
    Krieg:
    yup

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Had my first last night. Had a barnyard taste for the first inch, but then mellowed out and became much better. The appearance and burn was amazing. I agree that these things will be much better with some age on them.image
  • Options
    mine are supposed to be here Friday i am pumped!
  • Options
    Imgembo:
    mine are supposed to be here Friday i am pumped!
    Definitely worth 4$ a stick IMO
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Krieg:
    looks like my experience was different than everyone elses. about half way through, mine took a turn for the worse. just became very bitter. I wasn't smoking it fast either. oh well...ill give the others a little time to settle before i fire another one up.
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only one that didn't think it was great. I don't know, could be a matter of smoking rott and the long trip from PA to CA. Guess we shall see.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    j0z3r:
    Krieg:
    I was starting to wonder if I was the only one that didn't think it was great. I don't know, could be a matter of smoking rott and the long trip from PA to CA. Guess we shall see.
    Sadly, I am with you guys. Started out awesome. Stayed tgat way for about 20 min. As I started the second 3rd, it started to decline. By the final 3rd, I completely lost interst. I was bummed because other BOTL threw out comparisons to Liga Privada and Undercrowns... maybe I expected too much...?

I will def try again, but I was let down by the first one.
  • Options
    I didn't even get a really good first third, just ashy and harsh. I noticed some slight Liga similarities going on, kinda like a Liga met some other blend and they had a baby that sorta resembled both. Interested to see how this is with a bit of rest.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I find the pre release samples to be a little wet and in need of a week in the dry box. I did it and found the second half smokes like the first.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    I find the pre release samples to be a little wet and in need of a week in the dry box. I did it and found the second half smokes like the first.
    That's exactly why I never trust the first sample I try rott if it doesn't seem very good. I figure a five pack gives me a good chance to be objective and give the blend plenty of chances to impress.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Alex Svenson:
    That's exactly why I never trust the first sample I try rott if it doesn't seem very good. I figure a five pack gives me a good chance to be objective and give the blend plenty of chances to impress.
    Got mine yesterday, excited to try these to find out what all the hype's about. Thanks for the reviews everybody, gonna fire one up this weekend.

And thanks for the tip, Alex. Next week, I'm going to dry box a second and look to try it memorial day weekend.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I normally try and wait 2 weeks before I try anything. I used to have a 30 day rule but someimes I get excited. A week seems like an awful long time in a dry box, are they really that wet??? If that's the case...they'll need a long time in the humi. I've had fresh rolled that needed two days and were fine.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    catfishbluezz:
    I normally try and wait 2 weeks before I try anything. I used to have a 30 day rule but someimes I get excited. A week seems like an awful long time in a dry box, are they really that wet??? If that's the case...they'll need a long time in the humi. I've had fresh rolled that needed two days and were fine.
    They need the 2 weeks. They are very wet. It's not just the wrapper. They are wet through and through. The blend has potential, I just expected too much. I will try the dry boxing and see how it improves the experience.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    BigT06:
    catfishbluezz:
    They need the 2 weeks. They are very wet. It's not just the wrapper. They are wet through and through. The blend has potential, I just expected too much. I will try the dry boxing and see how it improves the experience.
    I have some arriving today, I'll wait and post my thoughts next month
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I smoked another one last night. It was from a five pack I ordered through Andy. They were in my humidor for about a week. The burn was razor sharp. Flavor was full and crisp all the way through. I found it to be just as enjoyable as the first one I had.
  • Options
    skweekz:
    I smoked another one last night. It was from a five pack I ordered through Andy. They were in my humidor for about a week. The burn was razor sharp. Flavor was full and crisp all the way through. I found it to be just as enjoyable as the first one I had.
    I only have one left from my five pack and I plan to let that one age a bit. Not to worry though, the other three will turn up somewhere! Mwahahahahaha!
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Dry box for 10 days? No thanks. I think I'll just bury mine deep in the humi and smoke them when they're mature instead of trying to rush things.
  • Options
    i figured the smokes were a little green, thats why im not forming an opinon yet. now that ive had them for a few weeks now, i will probably fire up one this weekend.

"Long ashes my friends."