Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Curve Balls and Demons

gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
Just wanted to let you guys know you may not see me around much for awhile .

Right now my family is fighting battles on many fronts . They involve vices and demons as old as mankind itself and as new as todays headlines . It is a very hard thing to see loved ones self-destruct and know they cannot be helped because they refuse to accept help . You can only control what you can control , I guess that sounded strange , each person is their own and their life , and lifes decisions must ultimatly be borne by them . You may at times be able to help control their enviroment , even their actions , but not their thinking and their ultimate outcome of that mindset .

My wife and I are praying for the best , a miracle , an awakening , but are also preparing if one possibly can , for the alternative ending to the drama involved .

Comments

• Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praying for you and your family buddy.
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear man. Hope all works out.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Praying hard for you and yours Gene, hope all works out as best it can brother.

• Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Gene, I feel for you buddy. Everyone seems to have their own drama going on, but they can't stop their drama from interferring with YOUR life. It is a helpless feeling having to just sit by and watch the inevitable happen. I beleive all things happens for a reason, good or bad. There are lessons to be learned, and for some people their own personal drama will continue until they learn those lessons.

My wife and I went through some of that kind of thing with my daughter as she was growing up. Luckily she learned a few lessons and is enjoying life again now. Hope things work out for you Gene. If you need or want to talk...PM bro.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Gene, I feel for you buddy. Everyone seems to have their own drama going on, but they can't stop their drama from interferring with YOUR life.
    +1 to that.

Sorry to hear about this, Gene. My thoughts go out to you and your family.
    I can only imagine how hard it is to see a loved one go down a destructive path and refuse help.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Thanks to everyone of you guys , I appreciate the thoughts and caring .
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    You have my prayers for you and your family. I hope everything works out for the good for you brother.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Lord knows I've battled my demons. They can be beat, though. All it took was 12 steps. Prayers sent. Hang in there.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Many prayers going out to you and your family, brother.