Home Non Cigar Related
Options

i had this in mind for my groomsmen

http://www.eflasks.com/set27.html
was gonna get each this set and a bottle of their favorite poison and their favorite gar as their groomsmen gifts what ya'll think? the engraveable part would have their initials (each flask respective to that person)

Comments

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    good idea, but it might be cheaper to get the Flasks off of ebay or another site and find someone local to engrave em. used to be a guy who advertised engraving on craigslist around here.
  • Options
    i had thought about that as well but this is a quality set. i know first hand its the flask i carry lol. 3 shot cups and funnel and free engraving on everything so in all it saves me the leg work and i can vouch for the product so price isnt to much of a dterment. plus i only have 3 groomsmen so it wont cost too much. but definately good advice i may look around anyway just to double check
  • Options
    I had never heard of them (im not much of a drinker; the only flasks i got were from sams club a few years back, it was a 3 pack on sale for $9, they were leather bound, and came with collapse-able shot glasses, i gave two as gifts, accidentally killed the third and added the shot glass to my collection) so quality never came to mind... i guess for a wedding present that really is a big thing... then again for my buddy's wedding i got him a garbage can and filled it up for a lot of cheap/free stuff i had gotten at disney; they loved it. sorry about the reminiscing :D and Congrats!!
  • Options
    thanks for the congrats. and any input on this is great and dont mind the reminiscing its always great to hear others stories especially on here!
  • Options
    the whole cigar/poison/ flask gift idea is pretty cool (thought i said that in the first post...guess not) i think that just a little act of personalizing makes any gift like this a whole lot more meaningful. From the buddy mentioned above, i was one of his groomsmen and he made me a carving knife, he had subtly questioned me for months to figure out i was a lefty and the way i handle my knives.
  • Options
    thats incredible! all 3 of my groomesmen are my thursday night cigar/drinking/poker buds so i thought this was very fitting
  • Options
    kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I had a total of 6 groomsmen and a best man ...... I got them all a flask set very similar to this ... the black was a rubber like material and on the back was a saying ... " Every man needs to believe in something ... I believe I need another drink" or something to that matter ..... They also got a .375 of whatever they specifically wanted to drink/fill the flask up with. Then I had the names engraved. Not all my groomsmen smoked so no sticks but the ex's wedding gift to me was we had a cigar roller at my reception they rolled 175 cigars .... of 258 guests I took home 10 cigars from the rollers.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    kingjk729:
    I had a total of 6 groomsmen and a best man ...... I got them all a flask set very similar to this ... the black was a rubber like material and on the back was a saying ... " Every man needs to believe in something ... I believe I need another drink" or something to that matter ..... They also got a .375 of whatever they specifically wanted to drink/fill the flask up with. Then I had the names engraved. Not all my groomsmen smoked so no sticks but the ex's wedding gift to me was we had a cigar roller at my reception they rolled 175 cigars .... of 258 guests I took home 10 cigars from the rollers.
    That outstanding!
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    thats incredible! all 3 of my groomesmen are my thursday night cigar/drinking/poker buds so i thought this was very fitting
    Very nice! I'm sure they will be thrilled!
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I did something similar, went to Things Remembered and got my smoking buddy a cigar case/flask set, my drinking buddy a decanter/glass set, a guy that I've shared many meals with a steak knife set, etc. I'm more of a one-on-one person than a "group of guys" person, so I just picked what each person and I shared most.

Great gift idea though, definitely bring 'em to the bachelor party. :D Enjoy it as much as you can, man, if you're really lucky you only get one!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    Then I'd say it's perfect!
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    They will be appreciative I assure you. A great gift idea. And congratulations.
  • Options
    Thanks guys I obviously needed male feedback that wasn't themso thanks for the thoughts!