Home General Discussion
Options

Kuzipaluza '09 ...this time it means something.

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Gentlemen, (and ladies if there are any in here that i am not thinking of)

mark your calendars, request the day off of work. Kuzipaluza '09 is being put together.

Kuzipaluza '09 WILL BE A CHARITY EVENT. I dont have all the particulars yet, but the Date I DO have.

October 10th is my target.

I will have more info as it becomes available...

Comments

• Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    as it would be....I'm already booked for Oct 10th....figures
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    damn brandon, that's like 6 months away....
  • Options
    bbc020:
    as it would be....I'm already booked for Oct 10th....figures
    if you want to take part in the charity (im working on what charity it will be) but are unable to attend, i will have something set up for that as well.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    What is this Kuzipaluza
  • Options
    betasynn:
    What is this Kuzipaluza
    basically its a herf put together by me, (kuzi). Im gunna try and get together a cigar sit down for friends, family, cigar lovers, and anyone else who wants to show up.

i did it last year, with a very limited turnout.

for an idea, Kuzipaluza '08

since then i got more organized and motivated. this year it is going to be a charity event. I am hesitant to give out too much more info because this is still in the infant stages of planning.

but i hope that this year it will be big. im gunna start making SERIOUS calls when i get up tomorrow. (4-13-09)

more info as it becomes available.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hmm...might be a good reason to hop a cheap round trip flight out to Ohio for a weekend. I'll have to seriously consider this one.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Oh man, I got a gig that day. Sucks!
  • Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    How many ppl usually come, and what's it usually like for the ppl that have gone before? I live like an hour and a half away, it'd be nothin for me to just take the day and go.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Short "puddle jumper" flight for me ...
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I have vacation time coming up in August, which I could use to be able to attend. I should be able afford to take a trip by then as well.
  • Options
    bacon.jay:
    How many ppl usually come, and what's it usually like for the ppl that have gone before? I live like an hour and a half away, it'd be nothin for me to just take the day and go.
    well, last year it was a poorly organized non-charity event.
    two people showed up.
    These Filthy Hands, and bbc020.
    you can ask them if they had a good time but they wont be able to tell you how this year will go.
    heck, i cant even tell you that. Im still in the infant stages of this. I have figured out where the money is going to go but i still have to make a few calls and work a few things out before i can post it.
    my goals include: Cigars as an entry gift, Free food, a silent auction and/or door prizes, and all of this will be held at a local park so it will be outside where it is still legal to smoke in ohio.... and there will be a fire. usually in early October its still in the 60s to 70s around these parts. probably an afternoon event... maybe into the evening.

those are goals, not set in stone. i will keep all of you updated, along with the Akron cigar club, the Cigar section of the Eotac Forum, and a few of the local shops.

once it gets a better plan base, i will also ask you to ask all of your friends if they would be interested in attending as well (especially if you live close)

im working hard for this and i hope it works out to be huge.
  • Options
    Matt Marvel:
    I should be able afford to take a trip by then as well.
    i am going to try and get a local hotel to offer me group rates.

im lookin out for you guys!!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    kuzi16:
    Matt Marvel:

we're not staying at your house close to the chocolates ???
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    kuzi16:
    Matt Marvel:

Sounds great. I'm sure that would be a great help to many of us here. Thanks for look out for us. You're certainly putting a lot of effort into making this work. Hopefully it turns out to be a big success.
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    I'm down!
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    What's the charity?
  • Options
    ScottU:
    What's the charity?
    im about 99% sure of what it is but i dont want to post it till i have sealed the deal.
    my wife and i have talked to them already and they are on board but we need to get our tax numbers and i would like to get our major sponsors on board before i let lose on this.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    you know what? I think I'll be there. If there is anythinkg I can do to help out, just let me know. J
  • Options
    dont all go jumping on the wagon before it even has wheels on it. lemme announce the Charity and work out the required donation for entry first. (to cover the cost of cigars, food, and venue rental)
  • Options
    sorry its been a while since i posted about this.....

our main sponsor for this charity event is going to be Bogart, Cunix & Associates other sposors include cigar.com (of course) the chocolate piggy (also of course) the event will held on October 10th and will take place at Bath Hollow Park in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio.
    all proceeds will benefit Over-the-Rhine Community Housing .
    Over-the-Rhine Community Housing is a Cincinnati based non-profit organization that works to build and sustain a diverse neighborhood that values and benefits low-income residents.

we will have corn hole, food right off the grill, Door prizes, a silent auction, and of course cigar smoking with plenty of like minded individuals. this is a great opportunity to smoke, trade, and talk cigars. bring your travel humidor and some extra sticks. a good time will be had.

if you would like to be a sponsor or donate to the silent auction please feel free to contact me: kuzipaluza@yahoo.com.

tickets will go on sale soon.
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    Man....I wish I could come Kuz, Sounds like a great time! And Over-the-Rhine is a great organization.
  • Options
    it looks like the price is gong to be $25 for an individual. $40 for a couple.

this will include food plenty of door prizes, a silent auction, and of course a day full smoking and trading with Brothers of the Leaf.

we are working out payment methods soon.
  • Options
    this is on october 10th.

my wife and i are currently trying to pull together the silent auction and door prizes.

if you would like to donate an item for this cause please feel free to PM me or contact me at kuzipaluza@yahoo.com. Items for the silent auction or door prizes are tax deductible.
    plus this goes to a good cause.

more details TBA
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I really wish I could be there Kuz! Ohio is a LONG way away from Texas, and we are already going camping up in Oklahoma the weekend of the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I'll try to come up with something to send for the auction though.
  • Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I wont be able to make it due to the date. and the time, and the $$. Sorry, but really I want to go, but those three things add up to me staying home. I do have a question, what is a corn hole that you mention you are going to have at the site? Other than what I use that term for!;)
  • Options
    its a standard BBQ game. you throw some bean bags at boards with holes in them and try to get the bean bag in the hole. two teams compete.
    have a pic:
    make more sense now?
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Let me talk to the wife. All I have to do is tell her its for charity and we should be there!

So what is Ccom contributing?
  • Options
    madurofan:
    So what is Ccom contributing?
    we have not hammered out any details yet so i dont want to post what has and has not been discussed.
  • Options
    i just PMed Alex.

hes a busy guy and this is still a bit out so... well see.

• Options
    FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Corn Hole - Got it, much more sense. Played it many times, but call it bean bag toss. Anyway - are you in that pic?