Home General Discussion
Options

Craftsman's Corner

90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
So there has been a lot of our community really taking the initiative and building some rockin' projects lately, so in that spirit I create this thread for any and all craftsman projects to be posted and enjoyed in one easy location. So post em' up and start sharing brothers!

I'll start off; many of you have seen the clocks and other projects that I've sent out but I also build a lot more that get distributed locally and to close family and friends in state. This is one that wouldn't have been seen otherwise since it's going to an Alec Bradley Marketing Executive that lives here in Colorado. Just finished it up yesterday afternoon after I came across a Black Market box earlier on. The next pic was the sneak preview of one of the gifts my lovely wife was given by me yesterday. Been trying my hand at also making some purses from the smaller more unique sized boxes too. I work with metal, wood, leather and semi-precious gems all the time so this just kinda came about naturally. The handle is braided leather capped on the ends with sterling silver wire and deer bone with tigers eye as well, and Amanda did the 100% legit gold-leafing.

"When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."

Comments

• Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    That Black Market clock is dope, a great choice in box. I like the purse as well, but it's not my style. I'm more of a clutch/wallet guy......
  • Options
    I got a MoW PA box I can make into a clutch for ya :P Thanks for the kind words Dennis, the A and B are actually about 1/8" thick and I carved them from a solid sheet of brass and then filed and sanded down to 800 grit wetsand. Took about 8 hrs for both but came out nicely.
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    I got a MoW PA box I can make into a clutch for ya :P Thanks for the kind words Dennis, the A and B are actually about 1/8" thick and I carved them from a solid sheet of brass and then filed and sanded down to 800 grit wetsand. Took about 8 hrs for both but came out nicely.
    Oh wow, I assumed that was just how the box was made (never seen one before), that's some impressive work, Brett! I still think you're a little too brave for giving your wife a cigar box to whack you with...but at least it'll leave a really classy mark on your forehead?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Oh wow, I assumed that was just how the box was made (never seen one before), that's some impressive work, Brett! I still think you're a little too brave for giving your wife a cigar box to whack you with...but at least it'll leave a really classy mark on your forehead?
    Thanks Ken for the kind words! And yeah it'll hurt but at least the AF logo looks nice on the forehead ;)
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool, Brett. That AB clock is BAMF, I want one!
    (the purse is cool too but I wouldn't get much use from it and I sure don't need to give my fiance any more solid objects to throw at me when i piss her off, LOL)

It'd have been real sweet if the AB/BM logo was stamped in the dead center of the box where the clock is, but I guess the guys at the factory were getting lazy that day. Still looks awesome as is, has a more "artsy" feel to it with the off center logo....and the A & B brass letters - b!tchin.
    You and the other "clock-makers" all got me inspired to try making my own.....I see a trip to hobby lobby happening this weekend.

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    Hey Brett, I was wondering if you can make me a satchel so I have something nice to keep my skittles in when Im herfing in my one man wolf pack.

Ok in serious now lol, both the clock and purse are awesome. I actually made a cigar box purse for my mom, about 6 years ago. I wonder if she still has it, hmmmm. lol
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Brett, Thats AWESOME BROTHER. Man you are very creative...
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome clock! And a cool idea for a purse.
  • Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    dennisking:
    That Black Market clock is dope, a great choice in box. I like the purse as well, but it's not my style. I'm more of a clutch/wallet guy......
    Yeah but clutches are so hard to keep track of when your in an environment when you cant hold on to it every single moment, like a party. ;P
  • Options
    IrishAJIrishAJ Posts: 135
    90+ Irishman:
    Ken Light:
    90+ Irishman:
    Thanks Ken for the kind words! And yeah it'll hurt but at least the AF logo looks nice on the forehead ;)
    Just so everyone knows I live by two rules, one: I never purposefully hurt my husband (sleeping punches don't count) and secondly: when fighting a man I never go for killer blows like skull fractures or any external organ bellow the waist. I have morals and don't make me want to send all y'alls girls cigar purses with notes inside of them.
  • Options
    I recently finished up a few clocks that I'd been wanting to do for a few of the brothers around here. Figured I would show the results here, they all fly tomorrow so hope y'all enjoy em :)

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Those are all looking nice! The lp boxes are already cool looking, and the bits of personalization just add to it!
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Brother those are freaking awesome!!! I love it
  • Options
    Thanks guys, I appreciate all te kind words. I would love to see what everyone else is doing too!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I love the added touches. Nicely done buddy.