Home General Discussion
Options

From one n00b to another.. how'd I do?

I'm pretty new to smoking, but have taken a pretty serious interest the last few months and have gone from 3-5 cigars a year to 3-5 a week.. With that said I'm still wet behind the ears and don't know nearly as much as I would like to think I do.. But enough about me, my fiances mom and her husband live in Korea, her and her mom talk on skype everyday and it came up that I smoke cigars.. Found out her husband(who I met once last year when we went to visit and he's an awesome guy) likes cigars but can't easily buy them in Korea unless they go to the Airport or downtown Seoul.. So I wanted to send him some, tried to find out through her mom if he liked a certain type or anything, she just said cheap..
  I ended up ordering one of the 40 count Cuban Primero rolls, sent him 25 and a cutter, kept 15 to try myself.  Anyways he was having a rough week with some stuff I won't get into, enough that he was really down.. But she said when he got the cigars he was so excited he was calling his family back in Bangladesh to tell them about them.. He gave some to his boss, and friends as well.. Anyways she said he liked them but they were a bit spicy, so I've been after some mild cigars to send him, I'm having as much fun shopping for stuff to send over there as I am myself when I found out how happy it makes him..
  I recently got a new humi from a sampler promo and have decided to pass my cigar jar onto him. I ended up getting 20 Padilla Habanos for $40 and 10 Black Pearls for $20(the Connecticut ones), I think I squeezed 15 PHs and 5 BPs in there.. I've smoked one of each and really enjoyed both, hopefully he will as well.. pic added to improve the story :)

I really like the Pearls, the construction of the Padillas seem a bit loose, hopefully that's normal..

Comments

• Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That jar will make for a nice gift. I got 3 myself I use when my humi runs over. They look good filled up sitting on the desk.
  • Options
    lukemck:
    I'm pretty new to smoking, but have taken a pretty serious interest the last few months and have gone from 3-5 cigars a year to 3-5 a week.. With that said I'm still wet behind the ears and don't know nearly as much as I would like to think I do.. But enough about me, my fiances mom and her husband live in Korea, her and her mom talk on skype everyday and it came up that I smoke cigars.. Found out her husband(who I met once last year when we went to visit and he's an awesome guy) likes cigars but can't easily buy them in Korea unless they go to the Airport or downtown Seoul.. So I wanted to send him some, tried to find out through her mom if he liked a certain type or anything, she just said cheap..
      I ended up ordering one of the 40 count Cuban Primero rolls, sent him 25 and a cutter, kept 15 to try myself.  Anyways he was having a rough week with some stuff I won't get into, enough that he was really down.. But she said when he got the cigars he was so excited he was calling his family back in Bangladesh to tell them about them.. He gave some to his boss, and friends as well.. Anyways she said he liked them but they were a bit spicy, so I've been after some mild cigars to send him, I'm having as much fun shopping for stuff to send over there as I am myself when I found out how happy it makes him..
      I recently got a new humi from a sampler promo and have decided to pass my cigar jar onto him. I ended up getting 20 Padilla Habanos for $40 and 10 Black Pearls for $20(the Connecticut ones), I think I squeezed 15 PHs and 5 BPs in there.. I've smoked one of each and really enjoyed both, hopefully he will as well.. pic added to improve the story :)

I really like the Pearls, the construction of the Padillas seem a bit loose, hopefully that's normal..
    Every padilla out of the dozens of boxes I've had of the 1932's and miamis/oscuros have been 1 of the best constructed cigars I've come across I think I've had 1 gar with a burn problem. Can't vouch for the bears and dominus as I've not smoke either
  • Options
    RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    A most generous gift indeed. The aesthetics of A jar full of cigars is something to be greatly admired.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    You got the desk and the desk and coffee table covered. Now go get a cooler for the bedroom