Home General Discussion
Options

These Freakin' Allergies are Cramping my "Cigar Style".

KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
Going to be beautiful this weekend with plenty of opportunity for me. I don't get to enjoy a cigar often enough as it is. I'm congested, have a scratchy throat and things taste off. Wah wah wah.....

Comments

• Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I used to just suffer through... but a couple weeks before cfest it was getting bad so I started taking over the counter meds...
    I feel so much better everyday.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    I take generic Zyrtec everyday. A year supply at Costco for $9 +- ...hope you feel better dude. I hate allergies.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Tell me about it....
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    james40:
    I take generic Zyrtec everyday. A year supply at Costco for $9 +- ...hope you feel better dude. I hate allergies.

^this... Works for me.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Cigars haven't tasted right to me for a few months. The pollen count is supposed to be worse than it's ever been. I took Zyrtec for a while, and it helped, but the cigars still didn't smell and taste quite right, and then I saw one of the side effects was loss of taste, so I switched to Allegra, but it doesn't work as good. I dunno know what to do. Woke up with terrible sinus pain today. I'm ready to build a flame thrower and head out into the world, and start burning all plant life.
  • Options
    allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    Use a neti pot to rinse out your sinuses several times a day. It will help...
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    allsmokedup:
    Use a neti pot to rinse out your sinuses several times a day. It will help...
    I'd never heard of that before, but I have one now, and am going to try it.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fight allergies all the time. During the winter, it is the mold, mildew and stuff like that, that gets me, then during the spring, it is the pollen. I've tried dozens of allergy medicines and the doc prescribed nasalcrom, which keeps the passages from swelling, but doesn't stop the watery eyes, sneezing or scratchy throat.
    About the time I think I found an allergy medicine that works, it seems my body gets used to it and it quits working. Going in to the doc in a couple weeks to see about allergy shots.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.