Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Rough Draw on Gurkha Doble Maduro

Smoked one here last week, loved the flavors, the fullness of the cigar, pretty much everything but the draw. Felt like I was trying to suck peanut butter through a straw. Even Mr. Straightened out Paperclip didn't help. Poked probably upwards of 10 holes in the thing throughout the course of smoking it.

Did I just get a badly constructed stick or are they just rolled with a fairly rough draw on them?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Could it have been over humidified? I've found that to be the cause more often than not when I have a cigar I think is plugged or rolled too tightly.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Might have been, going to have to recalibrate my hygrometer, haven't done it all winter. It would be a shame to have such a tight draw on a stick like this.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    All the Doble Maduros I have had have had a pretty good draw, not too tight or loose. I would guess either over-humidified or a bad stick.
  • Options
    3 Stripes3 Stripes Posts: 25
    I have given a couple of these to my buddies and I smoked one out of a fiver that I recieved and they have all seemed to have a tight draw. Not sure why they were like that so I am letting the other two I have sit for a while to see if it will help.