Home General Discussion
Options

It's a boy cigar question

VisionVision Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have been looking around and these are the best that I have found for "It's a boy". My first is on his way and we are expecting him to be here in August and I don't want to pass out bubble gum. What do you guys think and any suggestions?

Arturo Fuente It's a Boy Brevas Royale

I didn't want to post an off site link. Sorry.

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Could always find a site that sells custom cigar bands, then jsut buy some vegatable glue and paste em on
  • Options
    xmacro:
    Could always find a site that sells custom cigar bands, then jsut buy some vegatable glue and paste em on
    The only ones I found I liked were a Buck a Band. I would rather put it towards a better cigar :) The box of 25 was 54.95. I was thinking two boxes of AF for 110.00 for 50 sticks is a pretty good deal.... If they don't taste like news paper.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    To be honest, the Brevas are... smokeable. But to be even MORE honest, I would spend that 110 on one box of better cigars. I would get a box of something that is actually gonna be enjoyable to those that smoke cigars (and even those who won't know the difference). Are 50 people gonna be there to smoke a cigar when your dude comes into the world? If not, then I would get a single box of something you love, even if it doesn't say "It's a boy" on the band. If the cigar is good, and you are celebrating such an amazing occasion, what the band says won't matter in the least. I know a lot of guys in the community actually buy a box of cigars to age as their child gets older, smoking one cigar each year on the child's birthday, which is pretty awesome. Then when they are 18, you can share one of those awesome, really well aged cigars with your child.

If you are dead set on actual "birth announcement" cigars, that say something like "It's a boy" on the cello or band, then yeah, the AF Brevas are probably as good as you're gonna find.
  • Options
    JonnysmokesJonnysmokes Posts: 48
    I would do a box of good cigars that you will smoke and invest in custom bands. Depending on when yOu are going to smoke them it would be better to age a good cigar. When my first child is born. I plan on smoking 5 of them the night of the birth leaving 19. I will then smoke one each year until his 18th bday and have one for him should he chose to smoke it.
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I bought a box of the brevas to pass out at work. They were pretty good cigars to pass out to people who don't smoke cigars.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can always get the davidoff 2000 its a boy in tubes for abot 240.00 for 20, or the "R" for about 311.00,, google up its a boy cigars, there are a few you can find a lil different, im sure most are mild
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats btw,,,
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Opus X would be cool! Just kidding. I know rocky patel also does those type of its a boy cigars.
  • Options
    tommie73tommie73 Posts: 15
    I had some nice CAO Maduros engraved by Corona Cigar, but they sold the patent and no longer do it.

Birth Announcement Cigar
    I found a site that will engrave cigars, but it looks like they just use house cigars and don't offer different premiums like Corona did. Cigar Ink
    We're expecting a boy in September as well and I'll probably have some bands made up and put them on some good quality cigars. Tom

• Options
    pelirrojopelirrojo Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭
    This may be of interest to you. Montecristo, RyJ...

http://tabacaleradegarcia.com/en/personalized-cigars.html
  • Options
    joe-cooljoe-cool Posts: 4
    I've got a boy on the way in August. I'm thinking about buying something decent and wrapping plain blue ribbon around it in the style of La Aroma de Cuba
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I dont know how i forgot, but a few years back i used to do some graphic design work (when i had a real computer, stuff like t-shirts, logos, etc) I had a guy commission me to design Cigar Bands for him. They had two lines of text and a scalloped pattern around the edge and something on the far left (a date i think) I didnt handle the printing so im not sire what all he did about that, but it shouldn't be too hard to make your own! I wish i still had that file...
  • Options
    I was thinking of Photoshop'n some bands on some thicker stock paper. A little Scotch tape and boom. I am thinking of something ultra mild like John Bull or Mark Twain for the novice or non smoker and some LFD for the everyday smoker.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    sounds like a good idea, every time i see the Mark Twains pop up on the SS im tempted to grab em, they go for pretty cheap too!
  • Options
    J_LeslieJ_Leslie Posts: 2
    Hey there! I know a good company that will customize your cigar bands for you. Congrats!
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    J_Leslie:
    Hey there! I know a good company that will customize your cigar bands for you. Congrats!
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but this post is from last year. I see both your posts are giving links for that company, so I assume you're a troll....but please don't necro. That's my job.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rain:
    J_Leslie:
    Not to be a Debbie Downer, but this post is from last year. I see both your posts are giving links for that company, so I assume you're a troll....but please don't necro. That's my job.
    Lol!!! Good catch
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    ddubridgeddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Gray4lines:
    Rain:
    J_Leslie:
    Lol!!! Good catch
    Randy is working patrol duties tonight. I'm just going to go back to smoking my cigar.
  • Options
    RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Just trying to make sure The Sheriff does not have to show up.
  • Options
    WOW! A year already.... How time flies. I am also glad I went with something from M.F. ;)
  • Options
    BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    WOW! A year already.... How time flies. I am also glad I went with something from M.F. ;)
    Congrats!!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy a box of something you'll enjoy down the road. You'll want a nice smoke on birthday #1.
  • Options
    smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    Cant go wrong with the MF stuff.....