Home Cigar 101
Options

crap cigar and Nicks Sticks

webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
Oh my God these guys crack me up at crap cigars. You guys seen that site? They rate cheap ass cigars with their own rating system, from dog **** to diamond in the rough. Funny bunch.

I stumbled onto them looking for a review of Nick's Sticks. I picked up a pair of Nick's Sticks the other day just because I liked the name. Sounds like something named at the kitchen table by Nick Perdomo's five year old kid and it stuck. Haven't smoked them yet. I can't figure out why, but I have a better experience with a new stick if I let it settle down a few days or a week before I torch it. If I can get a better handle on what difference that makes, I'll ask the guys here, and probably kuzi will have a very informative take on why it happens. Anyhoo, ...

You guys like Nick's Sticks? Only four bucks a pop. Look good. Two small robustos, one light, one dark, Little Havana on the label. I find boxes for sale for fifty something.

“It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)

Comments

• Options
    Being a perdomo fan to begin with. I didn't mind em although they easily were not my favorite
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    I can't figure out why, but I have a better experience with a new stick if I let it settle down a few days or a week before I torch it. If I can get a better handle on what difference that makes, I'll ask the guys here, and probably kuzi will have a very informative take on why it happens.
    Very simple actually, when you buy a cigar especially if you have it shipped the humidity fluctuates all over the place depending on season, temperature, so on an so on. When you let it "rest" for a few days or more it gives it a chance to settle into the RH of your humidor, which should be stable. High or Low RH in a cigar can affect the flavor as well as the burn.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    webmost:
    You guys like Nick's Sticks? Only four bucks a pop. Look good. Two small robustos, one light, one dark, Little Havana on the label. I find boxes for sale for fifty something.

And as for the Nick's Sticks I think they're fine but IMHO there are better budget sticks for less. Thats not saying its bad at all just not as good as others.
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love that site! And the main guy is one of our own here" Long Ashes"
  • Options
    webmostwebmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rhamlin:
    I love that site! And the main guy is one of our own here" Long Ashes"

No ***! Good work, L.A. You need a field correspondent, I'm your man. Love the concept, and I know my way around a pencil, too.
    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)