Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Summer Collection 2008 Lancero

I have to say, this cigar was crap! It started out rather tasteless, but about a centimeter or 2 in it got decent. Woody with a bit of spice. Once I got further down, the blandness came back. This was eventually replaced with the same flavors as before, but the spice was more predominant. Then, the smoke became very acrid, making me gag every few puffs. It lasted an hour and a half amd would have probably lasted another 15 minutes, but I had to let it die.

I figured the blandness may be because this is the first non-full bodied smoke I've ever had, but the acrid taste was inexcusable. It could have been because of the fact that I had to even out the burn once, but I don't believe so because it tasted fine immediately after and the acrid taste didn't come until near the end.

When I get my humidor, I may buy one of these again and age it, but I really don't think this cigar is worth trying.

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds to me like you may have smoked it a bit fast, that will make a cigar acrid about ten times out of ten. I don't think it's a great cigar, but it's not half bad in my opinion.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    You're right, I was smoking it a bit fast. However, I had to. The cigar started to really lose its light about 3/4 of the way down and I had to puff very fast to get it to light back up.
  • 3 Stripes3 Stripes Posts: 25
    I tried out the Summer robusto on Friday night, the cigar was a little spicier than I was expecting but overall thought it was a good smoke. Never recieved a bland or acridic draw but the spice was always there. I am planning on buying a couple more to sit and see if the spice will calm down a little.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I have a couple in my humi now, I am letting them age for awhile, mainly cuz what I have read on these forums, the summer 08 blend isn't that good. Now the Winter 09 blend was pretty good...

"Long ashes my friends."

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had any of them but I've heard mix things about it. I did hear the winter 09 was good though.
  • tedescotedesco Posts: 22
    Ive had both the summer08 and winter09 and between the two i like the summer more