Home General Discussion
Options

CAO Vision 20 Cigar Humidor

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
So I'm in the market for a 100 count humidor, but meanwhile I've been keeping my sticks in a modified cigar box. To hold me over, I've been thinking about buying a little humidor. I stumbled across somebody selling the CAO Vision humidor; google it if you don't really know about it, but he's selling it for like, 30 bucks. I was wondering if this was a worth-while deal?

Comments

• Options
    iwsmith2iwsmith2 Posts: 65
    i have one. I love it. It's a great humidor for travel, however my hygrometer is messed up and i can't figure out how to recalibrate it. Other than that it is great. 30 bucks is a great deal. I got it when i bought the visions which are AMAZING, but i would get it for 30 bucks. And go ahead and get that and spend 30 or 40 bucks more and get a 200 count. you won't regret it.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    It may not be a bad deal, but a much better deal can be had for a little more money.

Follow this link and look at the prices on some of the 100-120 count humidors. There are some pretty decent deals on there.
  • Options
    Completely agree Joz. However if you are looking for a nice travel humidor, this is a good option. Which was a plus along with the Visions. But yes i might not be the best humidor for you. Just go with the bigger one.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Okay, I'll just go for a 100-120 count. Sounds like a plan guys.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    iwsmith2:
    i have one. I love it. It's a great humidor for travel, however my hygrometer is messed up and i can't figure out how to recalibrate it. Other than that it is great. 30 bucks is a great deal. I got it when i bought the visions which are AMAZING, but i would get it for 30 bucks. And go ahead and get that and spend 30 or 40 bucks more and get a 200 count. you won't regret it.

Use search to find the salt test for recal' your hygrometer
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    or you could go with boveda packs.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    or you could go with boveda packs.

I am loving the Boveda Packs I got last week----wish I had gotten them a lot sooner
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I never could get that salt test to work right...
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    I never could get that salt test to work right...

Hmmmm ....worked ok for me but who know's ....
  • Options
    No, i know i how to do the salt test.... It's just i don't know how to adjust the hygrometer to get the right RH. I do have 70 % beads in there so i'm not too worried about it.. But its just kind of annoying.
  • Options
    iwsmith2:
    No, i know i how to do the salt test.... It's just i don't know how to adjust the hygrometer to get the right RH. I do have 70 % beads in there so i'm not too worried about it.. But its just kind of annoying.

Yeah I know what ya mean ...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    iwsmith2:
    what kind of hygrometer is it?