Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I love 3 day weekends.

0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
Last month, I switched to my summer schedule. 4 ten hour days per week. I love it!
Having Mondays off is so nice and peaceful. Well, most the time. LOL!
Unfortunately, I go back to 5 right hour days in October, when the monsoon season is going.

Then I end up with a 5 day weekend at the end of the month. I love it!
In Fumo Pax
Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
Atmospheric pressure and crap.

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Sweet JESUS how I wish we would do this at my job! Not only would I love the three day weekends, but I honestly feel Im more productive in a 10-hour day than an 8. A lot of times, I will be right in the middle of something at the 8 hour point that I could have finished in 10. A little frustrating sometimes.

Oh well... they say a b!thing worker is a happy worker - and Im the happiest sumbitch I know. LOL

• Options
    Tony sounds good. I work a 48hr shift on the weekends and have the week of i love that. Nice gift by the way. Hygrometer stuck it in my humi reads 70%. Letting it stay in there to settel out. I want to say thank you very much for helping. I would feel better sending you a thank you gift still have that CAO america:) you know you want it looks verry good!! I sent you a pm.
  • Options
    leerescue@yahoo.com:
    Tony sounds good. I work a 48hr shift on the weekends and have the week of i love that. Nice gift by the way. Hygrometer stuck it in my humi reads 70%. Letting it stay in there to settel out. I want to say thank you very much for helping. I would feel better sending you a thank you gift still have that CAO america:) you know you want it looks verry good!! I sent you a pm.
    No worries. LOL!
    Maybe some day when I'm looking for something, you might have it. As for the CAO America, light that bad boy up!! And be certain you have a full stomach and a lot of time for it. ROFL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    Sweet JESUS how I wish we would do this at my job! Not only would I love the three day weekends, but I honestly feel Im more productive in a 10-hour day than an 8. A lot of times, I will be right in the middle of something at the 8 hour point that I could have finished in 10. A little frustrating sometimes.

Oh well... they say a b!thing worker is a happy worker - and Im the happiest sumbitch I know. LOL

The production thing is why I go to 10s. During the summer, more daylight and nicer weather allows me to get way more done and have the heavy equipment where I need it to work on it. It amazes me how some companies don't see the cost savings, especially if they are putting out quite a bit of overtime.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    0patience:
    The Sniper:

The production thing is why I go to 10s. During the summer, more daylight and nicer weather allows me to get way more done and have the heavy equipment where I need it to work on it. It amazes me how some companies don't see the cost savings, especially if they are putting out quite a bit of overtime.
    Since you put it THAT way... maybe 8's arent so bad after all. I am a TOTAL overtime ****!!! :-)

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    We're in the process of switching from an 8 hour based schedule to 12's. Half of the guys are for it, and half of the guys are dead set against it. I'm personally pushing to get 24s in place.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    These actually exist?!? I thought they were just rumor and speculation. Can you buy them on eBay?
  • Options
    skweekz:
    We're in the process of switching from an 8 hour based schedule to 12's. Half of the guys are for it, and half of the guys are dead set against it. I'm personally pushing to get 24s in place.
    2 day work week!! Yeah man!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I work a classic mining schedule. 12 hr shifts and a rotation of nights and days that can be daunting, but 7 days off in a row every month and a day off for every day worked make it more than worht it. I cant imagine working mon through fri
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    0patience:
    Last month, I switched to my summer schedule. 4 ten hour days per week. I love it!
    Having Mondays off is so nice and peaceful. Well, most the time. LOL!
    Unfortunately, I go back to 5 right hour days in October, when the monsoon season is going.

Then I end up with a 5 day weekend at the end of the month. I love it!
    That's awesome. I had a job a few years back that operated on a 9/80 schedule. We would have every other Friday off. It was wonderful. Too bad the company was bought out. I would have retired from there.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I loved doing 4 10s. The company I was working for was doing a job in the mountains during winter so travel was not an option, we rented a cabin 5 minutes from the job. The days actually ended up being an hour shorter compared to driving every day and working 8.
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I rather work longer shifts and less days. Right now I work 14hrs on Sundays, 12hrs on Tuesdays and 12hrs on Wednesdays. I have the rest of the week off. Though in a week or two I will be picking up another shift. Can't argue with overtime if they willing to give it.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I have carte Blanche on overtime I usually work five 11 hour shifts. The company actually gave everyone with time in an extra week of vacation a year because a happy home life makes a happier worker. Who the hell am I to argue with that logic