Home General Discussion
Options

Question on the Opus X

Hi guys, new to the forums. Been a casual smoker for a while now and usually enjoy Fuente 858, RP, and AB the most. I just took a trip to one of my local shops and decided I wanted to treat myself to an Opus X. I picked up a perfexcion and noticed it was priced at $12.00. I could have sworn I heard the Opus line was fairly more expensive than that, does that seem normal? I'm in Florida btw. Just wondering. I doubt they are selling fakes or anything.

Comments

• Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buy all if them.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Send it to me, I'll take a look at it and let ya know. LOL!!
    Seems pretty cheap to me. So I'm thinking you could just buy them all and hit all the guys with them. ROFL!!

Welcome to the forum.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    That's closer to the actual MSRP. The only reason you see em at $30 is cause people jack up the prices and get away with it because of the rarity of the cigars. In areas that can get them, and shops that are actual Fuente dealers, they are actually relatively affordable for a super premium smoke. Same goes with the Anejo. I actually prefer the Anejo...
  • Options
    get the whole box i dont care what you have to do. please a homeless guy or something. i'll trade ya for some
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Buy all if them.
    *of them. Out here in So Cali, the cheapest I saw was $17.99
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Welcome highvoltage! Love the handle as I grew up in linework - you and I have GOT to talk more! :-)

Yeah, its a funny thing with "high dollar" cigars - Ive found that nine times outta ten, the "high dollar" comes from the markup vendors put on them. Yes, you found Opus' at an EXCELLENT price, but more importantly you seem to have found a winner of a cigar shop, and THATS worth its weight in gold! As one previous poster suggested, stock up brother! Thats a quality smoke at a great price.

• Options
    theyve never went for less than 22 here when they get them for 2 days out of a year
  • Options
    The Sniper:
    Welcome highvoltage! Love the handle as I grew up in linework - you and I have GOT to talk more! :-)

Yeah, its a funny thing with "high dollar" cigars - Ive found that nine times outta ten, the "high dollar" comes from the markup vendors put on them. Yes, you found Opus' at an EXCELLENT price, but more importantly you seem to have found a winner of a cigar shop, and THATS worth its weight in gold! As one previous poster suggested, stock up brother! Thats a quality smoke at a great price.

Man maybe I will go back and get a bunch of them. Could probably do some trading and selling huh? I would attach a photo but I don't see how
  • Options
    highvoltage:
    The Sniper:

Man maybe I will go back and get a bunch of them. Could probably do some trading and selling huh? I would attach a photo but I don't see how
    there is a thread here detailing how read the neb to know thread etc. and yes i'll trade heavily in our favor for them
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    highvoltage:
    The Sniper:

Trading would be a good option. Check out the Newbie Trading thread and get hooked up with someone.
    Be aware that if you start trading with these guys, they don't play fair and you better have some storage to put it.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    0patience:
    highvoltage:
    The Sniper:

Trading would be a good option. Check out the Newbie Trading thread and get hooked up with someone.
    Be aware that if you start trading with these guys, they don't play fair and you better have some storage to put it.
    hehe
  • Options
    0patience:
    highvoltage:
    The Sniper:

Thanks guys, I'm going back to the shop tomorrow to check the stock. I really like the smoke on this cigar. Real nice.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    BigT06:
    That's closer to the actual MSRP. The only reason you see em at $30 is cause people jack up the prices and get away with it because of the rarity of the cigars. In areas that can get them, and shops that are actual Fuente dealers, they are actually relatively affordable for a super premium smoke. Same goes with the Anejo. I actually prefer the Anejo...
    +1 I totally agree with you on the Anejo's. I prefer them over the Opis and a local B&M sells both right at MSRP and readily has them. Lucky me!!!
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    BigT06:
    +1 I totally agree with you on the Anejo's. I prefer them over the Opis and a local B&M sells both right at MSRP and readily has them. Lucky me!!!
    those go for about 11-12 here
  • Options
    highvoltage:
    The Sniper:

..always do some research.....make sure they arn't as you described.."fake" sometimes what sounds to good to be true, is.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    aeon, that's the real deal price on the Opus. given the rarity and demand, and also the box allocations that dealers get, the sticks usually go for $20 or more. It's just one of those things that have a high demand and so it gets marked up. If you like the Opus, you should also try the Anejo as well.

I see you are from Miamisburg. That's cool. My brother in law's wife's parents live in Farmersville. I dig me a little TJ Chumps when we go back there. O-H
  • Options
    Hey by boxes of those for 12$ a stick send me a Pm ill take those off you hands for that:))
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    My B and M never has them in stock and if they do they go for 40$. Never seen the anjeo here though. I might have to get in contact with some of the peeps here that can get a hold of them at a decent price this is a stick i really want to try!!. and i want a few for some special occasions ( proposing, graduation next year. ect ect. ect)
  • Options
    dennisking:
    aeon, that's the real deal price on the Opus. given the rarity and demand, and also the box allocations that dealers get, the sticks usually go for $20 or more. It's just one of those things that have a high demand and so it gets marked up. If you like the Opus, you should also try the Anejo as well.

I see you are from Miamisburg. That's cool. My brother in law's wife's parents live in Farmersville. I dig me a little TJ Chumps when we go back there. O-H
    I grew up in germantown graduated from valley view. What's their names?
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Last year we went to Myrtle Beach. Down at Broadway at the Beach there was a shop called Tinder Box. They were selling Opus X for $11.95 each, limit three per customer.
  • Options
    SleevePlzSleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a couple B&M's that stock them and don't inflate the price. It really is awesome to be able to pick them up for around $15. It also makes it easier to include them in future bombs...
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    dennisking:

my Sister in Law is Beth Bussard. Her dad owns a auto repair shop out there somewhere. My brother in law grew up in Oregon and they live in C-bus now.
  • Options
    dennisking:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    dennisking:

my Sister in Law is Beth Bussard. Her dad owns a auto repair shop out there somewhere. My brother in law grew up in Oregon and they live in C-bus now.
    So you know kelly and daniel bussard? 2 of my best friends growin up man
  • Options
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    dennisking:
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    dennisking:

So you know kelly and daniel bussard? 2 of my best friends growin up man
    I don't know them but I'm sure they are related. I can't imagine there are many Bussards around. Small world.