Home Non Cigar Related
Options

New summer job

camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
Now that my second year of college is complete (1 more year to go) I needed to find a summer job. The place I worked at last summer was nice, but not challenging enough for my level of education. I got a couple interviews and they ALL offered me work! I had to call and turn down jobs which really dissapointed some employers.
I had to go with a summer position that would be the most likely to turn into something permanent once I graduate. I hope to do a good job for them this summer and maybe get a job offer next year from them. I have started my "training" and I am deep into trying to figure out how to do some long overdue upgrades for them. Wish me luck!

Oh, and I get to work from home most days, so that's a real bonus!!

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Awesome news brother, congratulations!!! Always a good feeling to be in a position to tell potential employers "Sorry, Ive decided to go in another direction." :-)

• Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    Now that my second year of college is complete (1 more year to go) I needed to find a summer job. The place I worked at last summer was nice, but not challenging enough for my level of education. I got a couple interviews and they ALL offered me work! I had to call and turn down jobs which really dissapointed some employers.
    I had to go with a summer position that would be the most likely to turn into something permanent once I graduate. I hope to do a good job for them this summer and maybe get a job offer next year from them. I have started my "training" and I am deep into trying to figure out how to do some long overdue upgrades for them. Wish me luck!

Oh, and I get to work from home most days, so that's a real bonus!!

Sounds like you're doing well and making some wise decisions. More power to you, my friend.
  • Options
    CmdioCmdio Posts: 9
    Anything where you think you could transition to a full time position is definitely a good call.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    Congrats, my man!