Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Monitor your iTunes acct!!!

mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
So I recieved an email stating that a purchase had been made using my iTunes acct to a different device. After about an hour of being bounced around, it turns our someone in China had stolen a credit card, uploaded it to my acct and used my iTunes acct to launder money from the credit card. What a pain in the A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    mmccartneydc:
    So I recieved an email stating that a purchase had been made using my iTunes acct to a different device. After about an hour of being bounced around, it turns our someone in China had stolen a credit card, uploaded it to my acct and used my iTunes acct to launder money from the credit card. What a pain in the A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dayum! Thanks for the heads up, Matt.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I had something similar happen recently. I just happened to log into itunes and saw some weird purchases in some asian character lettering. Called itunes and told them I've never been to china and never purchased those two pieces of software and they dropped the charges and told me change my password. I also had to notify paypal because it's linked to my itunes account. I really wish we could hunt down the people who have nothing better to do than rip people off and spread viruses, basically e-terror. I'd volunteer to swing the axe.
  • Options
    Rob1110:
    I had something similar happen recently. I just happened to log into itunes and saw some weird purchases in some asian character lettering. Called itunes and told them I've never been to china and never purchased those two pieces of software and they dropped the charges and told me change my password. I also had to notify paypal because it's linked to my itunes account. I really wish we could hunt down the people who have nothing better to do than rip people off and spread viruses, basically e-terror. I'd volunteer to swing the axe.
    Agreed on the axe swinging!
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    i dont do i tunes but i had a similar thing happen on my amazon account, it took forever to get it all sorted out though.
  • Options
    NOBLE 6NOBLE 6 Posts: 34
    mmccartneydc:
    Same thing happened to me. I called I-tunes and got it cleared up. Basically they asked me what my e-mail address was, once I told them they said the charges weren't mine. I received all my $48 back. Of course I had to get another CC and that took 2 fricken weeks! I just want 5 minutes alone with them, just me and my buddy EASTON. They can keep the money.
  • Options
    NOBLE 6:
    mmccartneydc:
    Same thing happened to me. I called I-tunes and got it cleared up. Basically they asked me what my e-mail address was, once I told them they said the charges weren't mine. I received all my $48 back. Of course I had to get another CC and that took 2 fricken weeks! I just want 5 minutes alone with them, just me and my buddy EASTON. They can keep the money.
    Definitely agree! I'd settle for 60 seconds! Ha!
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Just got a call from the risk folks for my debit card. someone got my card number and tried to chard a couple grand today. luckily they locked the card. now I have to go get a new one tomorrow.
  • Options
    $1800 in approved charges of $10,000 attempted. Card is no good now. Just have to wait till they post so bank can reverse them. Will file police report after I get off work today.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    $1800 in approved charges of $10,000 attempted. Card is no good now. Just have to wait till they post so bank can reverse them. Will file police report after I get off work today.
    Sorry to hear this brother! Such a pain in the butt!
  • Options
    Lol one of the charges was to a childrens home in NC. .. Almost felt like a douche for disputing that one.
  • Options
    NOBLE 6NOBLE 6 Posts: 34
    Direwolf:
    You want to borrow my Easton So sorry to hear that.