Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

CAO America

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
So I loved the look and smell of this cigar, so I picked one up. Any feedback on it from those who've tried?

Comments

• Options
    bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Phobicsquirrel love CAO America long time.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol... Yup, I like it. There was a thread on CAO I started a while ago which I think I put up a review of it.. Eh, it's a good cigar. My favorite from their line actually. Though I do like the black.
  • Options
    but there are a couple I haven't had as of yet, the Itailia, Black VR, Crillo, the limited run ones. The soprano wasn't too bad but not worth the price. The vision wasn't too bad. I have another that I'm going to try soon.
  • Options
    I'm probably going to smoke this on wednesday, since it's pretty bad-ass looking. If Phobicsquirrel recommends it, I shall try it. I was thinking about picking up a couple of Itailia's on friday. If you want me to send you one, I'd be happy to.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    A very fine cigar! I think you will enjoy it! The Italias are good as well, didnt quite care for the Brazilia though, too string for my taste. But I stand by the CAO Americas!
  • Options
    betasynn:
    I'm probably going to smoke this on wednesday, since it's pretty bad-ass looking. If Phobicsquirrel recommends it, I shall try it. I was thinking about picking up a couple of Itailia's on friday. If you want me to send you one, I'd be happy to.
    yes, yes the squirrel knows all.. lol
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i still havent had one. im slacking.
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Do yourself a favor Pheebs, pick up a Black VR, pretty nice stick.

And beta, if your cigar budget allows it and you like a fuller cigar, try the Brazillia, one of my smoking buddies had one two weeks ago and fell in love with it.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I just got one of these for my birthday, I'm glad most people like it. For the guys who have tried this smoke...did you age it first or smoke it right after buying it?

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    betasynn:
    If Phobicsquirrel recommends it, I shall try it.
    Do you really trust someone who hides his nuts?
  • Options
    bacon.jay:
    Phobicsquirrel love CAO America long time.
    15 dolla
  • Options
    Krieg:
    I just got one of these for my birthday, I'm glad most people like it. For the guys who have tried this smoke...did you age it first or smoke it right after buying it?
    I had it in the humi for a few months. I rarely smoke a cigar right after getting it.
  • Options
    rwheelwright:
    betasynn:
    what, like you like people who show them? .....
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    betasynn:
    what, like you like people who show them? .....
    Buffalo Bill! :-) When I was typing it I got the image from Silence of the Lambs when he is dancing and tucks his package away. Man, that's got to hurt!
  • Options
    So, are these at all hard to come by? I know some of the B&Ms don't have them near me. I know mine sells a ton of the CAOs, so if anybody needs some, I'm picking a few up friday.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Several B&M's close to me have them so I don't think their particularly hard to come by
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Anybody have any particular thoughts on the Brazilia? I picked one up last weekend for **** and giggles.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I'm probably one of the few that did not like it ...the Brazillia that is
  • Options
    Dude LoveDude Love Posts: 315
    gmill880:

Same here. Tight draw and no flavor.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    I'm on that list too. It just really didn't do anything for me, so CAO is consistent in that regard, none of their cigars do anything for me. I just do not like CAO cigars, at all.
  • Options
    3 Stripes3 Stripes Posts: 25
    Luko:
    Anybody have any particular thoughts on the Brazilia? I picked one up last weekend for **** and giggles.
    Wow alot of negative reviews. This is the first CAO that I tried, to me it had good taste and the draw was fine. A tiny burn issue but it was windy outside. What size did you get? I had the Gol. The America is next on my list to try.
  • Options
    I'll let you know how the America is; if it's good, I'm probably going to go buy some more since it's just a nice looking and smelling cigar.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I liked the Brazilia, it is probably the second favorite of all the CAOs that I've tried. The Italia is also very good but I think I smoked it a little fast so it came off a little strong. The MX2 is OK, it just wasn't very memorable. I haven't tried the America, the LX2, the Gold, the Black, or the Cuban (Yes there is such a thing and I was bombed with it by a member of this forum. From what I understand, they are sold at only an extremely limited number of B&Ms). My favorite CAO so far though is most definitely the 'VR'.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    there is also a CAO costa rica
  • Options
    rdnstn:
    I liked the Brazilia, it is probably the second favorite of all the CAOs that I've tried. The Italia is also very good but I think I smoked it a little fast so it came off a little strong. The MX2 is OK, it just wasn't very memorable. I haven't tried the America, the LX2, the Gold, the Black, or the Cuban (Yes there is such a thing and I was bombed with it by a member of this forum. From what I understand, they are sold at only an extremely limited number of B&Ms). My favorite CAO so far though is most definitely the 'VR'.
    get on it! ... lol
  • Options
    I still need to light them VR's, Blacks, Golds, and Criollo's I have sitting... (btw, I did think the brazilia is the best of that title I have smoked to date, though the draw was very tight, just like the Italia I had).