Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Prayers Needed.

CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
So last night my wife started having bad pains in her side that just wouldn't go away. About 11:00 we took her to the emergency room, where they run test and see that they is something wrong with her gall bladder. They did what was supposed to be a simple 45 minute procedure, and it ended up be a 4.5 hr surgery and 6 hrs before I got to see her again.

They got in and found stones in her gall bladder and clogging the other ducts (can't remember all the terminology) that could only be got out by cutting her open. They had to cut her twice to get everything done, and even had to call another surgeon in from a neighboring county....Pretty scary day for us and just wanted to say if I space out for a bit keep us in mind, they are giving us at least a 6 weeks recovery period.

Thanks

Eric

Comments

• Options
    e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    Prayers coming for you and the wife. Hope she is feeling better and has a quick recovery.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    A friend of mine had that done the other month. Make sure she rests and gives it a chance to heal properly .
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    A friend of mine had that done the other month. Make sure she rests and gives it a chance to heal properly .
    amen to that. take care of her!
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    Its never good when that kind of think happens, I hope she gets better soon!
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife is my best friend and it hurts just hearing that. My prayers are with you and your family.
  • Options
    christian1971christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    CvilleE:
    So last night my wife started having bad pains in her side that just wouldn't go away. About 11:00 we took her to the emergency room, where they run test and see that they is something wrong with her gall bladder. They did what was supposed to be a simple 45 minute procedure, and it ended up be a 4.5 hr surgery and 6 hrs before I got to see her again.

They got in and found stones in her gall bladder and clogging the other ducts (can't remember all the terminology) that could only be got out by cutting her open. They had to cut her twice to get everything done, and even had to call another surgeon in from a neighboring county....Pretty scary day for us and just wanted to say if I space out for a bit keep us in mind, they are giving us at least a 6 weeks recovery period.

Thanks

Eric
    I said a little prayer for you both. That is scary. My wife had a stroke 6 years go. Scary stuff! He recovered. Had a good chance of going blind. Unfortunately we can't have any more kids.
  • Options
    Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    I went through a scary time with my wife recently in the hospital. Hope every thing goes smoothly from here out and your wife gets better quickly.
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will pray for her.
  • Options
    BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    Prayers C!
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prayers and good wishes for a speedy recovery, Bro.
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Consider it done brother. Sorry to hear about this!
  • Options
    JHeweyJHewey Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭
    Prayers and hope she has a speedy recovery.
  • Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    Sending thoughts and prayers for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery period.
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your post gave me chills. Three years ago my wife was scheduled for outpatient surgery for gall bladder removal. Just a 45 minute "button hole" surgery.

I was in the waiting room expecting her to be out at 1 PM. It was like time lapse photography, people left with their patient over the next four hours until finally the volunteer who staffed the desk left and I was alone.

At 5:45 PM doctor came out and told me the bladder was infected and he had to oper her up with major surgery and she would be in the hospital for five days!

Believe me, I feel your pain and you and your wife will be in our prayers.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Prayers going up fr you guys!!
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    Modern medicine is incredible. I'm sure that she will make a 100% full recovery. Prayin for yall nonetheless.
  • Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Lots of prayers headed your way brother!
  • Options
    y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Ugh! Praying she has a safe and speedy recovery, Eric.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply's and the prayers. She has gotten up 3 times today and walked some. She sure is tougher than I would be that's for sure. Gonna be in the hospital, at least 3 more days, but she is in good spirits, so we'll take it a day at a time.