Home Cigar 101
Options

Herf-a-dor question

I just got my five count herf-a-dor in, but I have no clue how to charge it and it came with no instructions. Any clues on how and how often to charge the humidifier. I'm probably going to be carrying churchills in it so there's no room for a water pillow. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    inside there is a mini humi puck. charge it like a normal humi puck. (distilled only)

OR

do what i did:
    take an old tubo and fill it with 65% beads and poke a bunch of holes in it. itll fill up one of your slots but it wont drip water on you smokes.
  • Options
    So does the humi puck just pop out? Or do I have to charge it in the herf-a-dor
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    i put a little dab of distilled in it, works well for me. i didn't get all creative like kuzi did.
  • Options
    Marshallrocks80:
    So does the humi puck just pop out? Or do I have to charge it in the herf-a-dor
    naw but you can see the foam through the puck. just a drop will do. that thing seals so well that a little will go a long way.
  • Options
    3 Stripes3 Stripes Posts: 25
    Sorry to but in on this thread but does everyone like the herf-a-dor. I'm taking a trip for a few days and was thinking about picking this up to take some cigars with me.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Even a zip lock baggie with a water pillow will work just fine for a few days if you don't want to go all fancy ...
  • Options
    ive not heard a single bad thing said about the herf-a-dor.

the zip loc thing will work well, but they lack in protection if you ask me.
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    I love my herf-a-dor and use it on our weekend trips. There is one thing I have learned and Kuzi touched on it.... this thing seals TOO well. If you have to check it with your baggage, do yourself a favor and leave the latches undone. I forgot to do that and had a heck of a time getting to my sticks.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I have a 15 ct herf-a-dor i use for when the ship pulls into port, it beats lugging the 300ct around. A Boveda pack in there works awesome! I throw the cigars in, put in a pack and trimmed the foam on the lid just a bit. I cant say enough good stuff about the herf a dor, indestructible little thing.
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I love my herf-a-dor....use it all the time...golf, trips, beach..etc....can't go wrong with it. My only regret, I bought the 5 ct one..should have gone bigger.
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    I love my herf-a-dor and use it on our weekend trips. There is one thing I have learned and Kuzi touched on it.... this thing seals TOO well. If you have to check it with your baggage, do yourself a favor and leave the latches undone. I forgot to do that and had a heck of a time getting to my sticks.
    I've had that happen just driving to a different elevation. I drove from my home in Laramie to Rapid City, SD and I had to pry my herf open after I got to the hotel. Last summer I took it on drum corps tour with me for three months and didn't have to recharge the humidifier until I got home. I love mine. CK
  • Options
    tankbonnies:
    I love my herf-a-dor....use it all the time...golf, trips, beach..etc....can't go wrong with it. My only regret, I bought the 5 ct one..should have gone bigger.
    i have a 5ct AND a 15ct.
    i use my 5ct more.