Home General Discussion
Options

Sampler. Is it worth it?

VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking at the sampler list and came across this. What do you guys think?

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST208

4 bucks a stick seems like a good deal.... sans the Gurk (I am a hugh Gurkha fan. I am not knocking the brand)

Comments

• Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Looks like a good deal; the MOW Armada is $20-$30 for a single, so the Cohiba, EP Carillo, Monte Cristo, and Centurian put it over the top IMO; the other 5 I could take or leave
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    If you're a Gurkha fan then it's a good sampler for sure. Nice high-end sticks in there.
  • Options
    jlmartajlmarta Posts: 7,881 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frankly, if I had both the room and the $ I'd jump on this one. Even omitting one or two that I'm not in love with it'd still be worth it.
  • Options
    KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Everyone is different.
    I see 2 very good sticks that I would buy at $4 all day.
    I see 5 sticks that are "decent" buys at $4 (but that can be had cheaper if you hunt.)
    I see 3 sticks that I'd never pay $4 for.................
    .......that's why I pass on this sampler.

• Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Just send "The Beard" an email and tell him to create a sampler for you that will probably surpass this one and exclude things you don't want.
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    ShotgunJohn:
    Just send "The Beard" an email and tell him to create a sampler for you that will probably surpass this one and exclude things you don't want.
    Who is "The Beard"? How can I get in touch with him? They say that's he's some kind of cigar god, and that he has super-powers. Rumor has it that he can eat raw tobbaco and shat super-toros that rate 90+. I was told his maduros were the best. Yes. I definitely need to know this man.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Streater:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Who is "The Beard"? How can I get in touch with him? They say that's he's some kind of cigar god, and that he has super-powers. Rumor has it that he can eat raw tobbaco and shat super-toros that rate 90+. I was told his maduros were the best. Yes. I definitely need to know this man.
    tblythe @ cigar.com
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Streater:
    ShotgunJohn:
    Beware of The Beard. He also posesses magical powers over your wallet : )
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    KingoftheCove:
    Everyone is different.
    I see 2 very good sticks that I would buy at $4 all day.
    I see 5 sticks that are "decent" buys at $4 (but that can be had cheaper if you hunt.)
    I see 3 sticks that I'd never pay $4 for.................
    .......that's why I pass on this sampler.

I don't see this. I see a bunch of sticks you'd be hard pressed to find for $4 anywhere. Excluding the Gurkhas the only stick you stand a chance of getting for $4 is the AB, the rest are $5-$12 sticks if you find them on sale.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohn:

There goes more money! Thanks for the info guys.
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    This is a great deal. I dont have the extra to grad one, but I would if I did. Some great smokes in this sampler, for real.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vision:
    I was looking at the sampler list and came across this. What do you guys think?

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?prod=SP-CIGASST208

4 bucks a stick seems like a good deal.... sans the Gurk (I am a hugh Gurkha fan. I am not knocking the brand)
    Personally, I jumped on the salomon sampler. For $20 more, you get 10 more better sticks, IMHO.
    The deal on that one equates to $3/stick.

Just a thought.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    If you are new to smoking, you might think this is a great buy. However, if you are new to smoking, every one of these sticks will impress you because you haven't developed your palate. . Cigars are like grade school. You gotta move up slowly. The Armada is almost half the cost of the sampler. The Cohibas are also very good. The others are good, but are included because they happen to have a lot of them. If you buy it, take the time to really assess them. I guess it all depends on your wallet. LOL.
  • Options
    I wouldn't say I am "new". I've just been playing in the minors for a while. I always found my self gazing into a humidor at a B&M looking at the Padrons' thinking "I could pay $22.00 for that one or I could pick up 4 cheaper sticks instead". I've had my fill of Drew Estates, Brick House and John Bull and looking to expand. I am by no means rich and living in Mass our Taxes SUCK. I am expecting my first son in August so I have been living on cigarsprint for the last month (NO.. its not me buying high) trying to pick up some better stuff cheap that I can age. It will make it a lot easier on the wallet that way. I would love some recommendations for affordable GOOD sticks. Thanks Guys!