Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Looking for mild suggestions for a newbie

2»

Comments

• Options
    0patience:
    TJ, As some of the guys have already said, be a bit cautious about over doing it with the milds. Your tastes will change as you get familiar with the cigars and you may find yourself going into the more medium cigars.
    When that happens, you may find yourself with a boat load of milds you no longer care a lot for.
    And you will find yourself all over the board then.

I love cameroons, but I have no problem with a bold, in your face maduro either. I no longer care for mild connecticut wrappers. That's not to say I won't grab a nice mild AVO once in a while though.

Remember that as you develop your tastes, likes and all, you will make transitions from one style to another. Also, never shoot down one particular cigar from one stick. If the one you try isn't good, put one to rest in the humi and try it 6 months later. It may change. Then again, it may not. LOL!
    And also vice versa I started off smoking stuff like the punisher and ruination. Now I can barely suffer through 3 puffs of a ruination. I smoke a ton of connies. Like oliva con. Reserve 5 vegas gold etc. I also smoke a ton of stuff like undercrown and obsidian and gurkha titans. So just keep in mind as your palate develops you may change for the fuller stuff. You may not. Like everyone else here has said keep a journal and as you smoke you will find patterns of what you do and don't like.. also don't discredited a blend till you have tried different sizes. For instane I hated the sol cubana (a brand I love) cuban cabinet. I had tried the toro. I decided to go back and try the No. 1. Fell in love with it and can't wait to get more.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    aeon_spiral@yahoo.com:
    0patience:
    TJ, As some of the guys have already said, be a bit cautious about over doing it with the milds. Your tastes will change as you get familiar with the cigars and you may find yourself going into the more medium cigars.
    When that happens, you may find yourself with a boat load of milds you no longer care a lot for.
    And you will find yourself all over the board then.

I love cameroons, but I have no problem with a bold, in your face maduro either. I no longer care for mild connecticut wrappers. That's not to say I won't grab a nice mild AVO once in a while though.

Remember that as you develop your tastes, likes and all, you will make transitions from one style to another. Also, never shoot down one particular cigar from one stick. If the one you try isn't good, put one to rest in the humi and try it 6 months later. It may change. Then again, it may not. LOL!
    And also vice versa I started off smoking stuff like the punisher and ruination. Now I can barely suffer through 3 puffs of a ruination. I smoke a ton of connies. Like oliva con. Reserve 5 vegas gold etc. I also smoke a ton of stuff like undercrown and obsidian and gurkha titans. So just keep in mind as your palate develops you may change for the fuller stuff. You may not. Like everyone else here has said keep a journal and as you smoke you will find patterns of what you do and don't like.. also don't discredited a blend till you have tried different sizes. For instane I hated the sol cubana (a brand I love) cuban cabinet. I had tried the toro. I decided to go back and try the No. 1. Fell in love with it and can't wait to get more.
    I agree with all this so I keep my humies filled with a range of everything! It's nice to change up now and again but if your not use to nicotine start mild lol
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Sorry, I have been slacking and replying to all of the suggestions. Been busy actually smoking some of these babies instead. I got the chance to try the Gurkha Legend tonight and it was damn good. Called my brother to talk to him for a bit and he started naming off some he wanted to try and some he really liked. Turns out Aeon isn't messing around with his bomb (thanks again!) because three of the ones my brother asked me about I have smoked in the last four days. I think I am liking the variety and not sure if mild is my flavor or not. The Gurkha was really good, not sure what type of stick that would be considered. Tomorrow's another day and another smoke. Stupid humidor better get here quick. We are rocking the tupperdors with water pillows to make due. Hopefully that should help. (Let me know if that is wrong or I need to regulate humidity in some way with that) Thanks again and throw some more good ones out there. Andy might get tired of talking to me on the phone, but I am sure he is used to some new people calling for help and insight in selecting some mixed bag of sticks.
  • Options
    T.J. Armstrong:
    Sorry, I have been slacking and replying to all of the suggestions. Been busy actually smoking some of these babies instead. I got the chance to try the Gurkha Legend tonight and it was damn good. Called my brother to talk to him for a bit and he started naming off some he wanted to try and some he really liked. Turns out Aeon isn't messing around with his bomb (thanks again!) because three of the ones my brother asked me about I have smoked in the last four days. I think I am liking the variety and not sure if mild is my flavor or not. The Gurkha was really good, not sure what type of stick that would be considered. Tomorrow's another day and another smoke. Stupid humidor better get here quick. We are rocking the tupperdors with water pillows to make due. Hopefully that should help. (Let me know if that is wrong or I need to regulate humidity in some way with that) Thanks again and throw some more good ones out there. Andy might get tired of talking to me on the phone, but I am sure he is used to some new people calling for help and insight in selecting some mixed bag of sticks.
    That is EXACTLY why i sent you a variety :)
  • Options
    T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Alright, so the waiting begins. :-) I called in and placed my order this morning with Andy d as recommended and you all speak the truth. Super helpful, especially with my rookie azz, and he definitely took good care of me. Heck, the man is a ninja! He was the person to respond when I clicked on the "live help" (on the site) this afternoon with a question on the order! I think they may have cloned him or something. I will let you all know how it goes once they get here and I get to try some of the sticks you guys suggested. Thanks again!