Home General Discussion
Options

Wrapper Discoloration - pics added

bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
I picked up a DPG Blue the other day from the local store and while doing some rearranging yesterday I noticed that the top half of the wrapper was a good bit lighter than the bottom half. Has anyone seen this? Would sitting open in a lighted humi cause this?

I have no idea how old they are, but they aren't new. I can provide pics if needed. My main concern is that if it's something that will affect the flavor then I'm taking it back.

Top - lighter side of the dpg. I just added the oliva as a reference

Bottom - this is the darker half of the dpg. Notice how this side is actually darker than the Oliva

Close up - this is a closer view of the lighter top half

Comments

• Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure interior lights would do that. Was it near a window getting sun? If that's the case I would take it back it's probably been getting cooked every day for who knows how long.
  • Options
    Well this is a new store opened by a guy who owns two others so some of his stock has come from the other stores. I have no way to know what conditions these were kept previously. He's a nice guy and I know he won't be offended if I take it back just to ask him about it and will most likely let me trade it out. I'll put up some pics in a bit so you can see what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    It certainly looks like it was exposed to sun light for an extended period of time. However, sometimes the logical explanation isn't always the actual truth. If he's nice enough to let you exchange it, I would just do that and be done with it. My $.02
  • Options
    Well I went by there with the stick to ask them about it. The guy working said that box did in fact come from another one of their stores and it was caused by florescent lighting and would not have any effect on the flavor. They didn't realize that would happen until one of the reps mentioned it. Interesting tidbit.