Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Anyone get Diablo III?

djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
If anyone wants to play together, hit me up on Battlenet! bbrooks@my-pcgeek.com

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    May pick this up tonight. Loved I and II, and it IS the weekend after all... how do you like it so far, and how does it compare with the previous two?

• Options
    I love it, it smacks down D1 and D2. I just made it to lvl 15 and haven't finished ACT 1 on normal yet. Can't wait to get home and play some more.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'm on Diablo 3 as well. My real ID is wayne42186@gmail.com

Just got to Act 2 last night.
  • Options
    ImgemboImgembo Posts: 661 ✭✭
    Yup picked it up the other day only lvl 21 though hoping to be at least partway through nighmare by monday.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Tempted; never played I or II, no idea how to play. but it looks interesting
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Trying to decide on Diablo 3 or Max Payne 3, hell I just finished single player of MW3.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    Trying to decide on Diablo 3 or Max Payne 3, hell I just finished single player of MW3.
    You play multi online? PSN: KingDANIMAL
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My fear in picking it up is it will cut into my smoke time. I already play to much Battlefield 3.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    Yea i got it the first day and was mad that no one could play for about 13 hours. I was addicted to diablo 2. Does anyone else think that the difficulty in act 2 got a lot harder? I'm dying really easily and it's a lot harder for me to kill things.
  • Options
    Vision:
    My fear in picking it up is it will cut into my smoke time. I already play to much Battlefield 3.
    XBOX or PS? also sorry for the slight thread jack
  • Options
    ellinas:
    Yea i got it the first day and was mad that no one could play for about 13 hours. I was addicted to diablo 2. Does anyone else think that the difficulty in act 2 got a lot harder? I'm dying really easily and it's a lot harder for me to kill things.
    Im not having too much trouble in act 2. But i am playing a monk and i have amazing survial coolldowns and stuns/snares. What are you playing? Do you have elective mode enabled?
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imgembo:
    Vision:
    PC. My son pre-ordered it and got it in download and they are shipping the CDs.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    ellinasellinas Posts: 329
    Imgembo:
    ellinas:
    Im not having too much trouble in act 2. But i am playing a monk and i have amazing survial coolldowns and stuns/snares. What are you playing? Do you have elective mode enabled?
    The monk and barbarian are really good from what i've seen. I chose the wizard because i thought he may be like the sorcerer from d2, but i was wrong. There are some good protective skills that help but the main combat skills aren't too good. Ony my other account i have a demon hunter who isn't too bad even though the character is only lvl 7.
  • Options
    Picked up Diablo III tonight on the way home from work. Random thoughts from before Ive even played it for the first time....

- Sweet JESUS this thing takes FOR-FLIPPIN-EVER to install.

- The second section in the user manual, right after installation instructions, is a TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE??? Im nervous...

- For all of that, when I put the CD in to install the game and heard that theme music... I was like OH YEAH!!!! I havent played a Diablo title in better than ten years, and three notes into the theme music it was like coming home again. :-)

Jumpin in now, wish me luck boys!

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Picked up Diablo III tonight on the way home from work. Random thoughts from before Ive even played it for the first time....

- The second section in the user manual, right after installation instructions, is a TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE??? Im nervous...

- For all of that, when I put the CD in to install the game and heard that theme music... I was like OH YEAH!!!! I havent played a Diablo title in better than ten years, and three notes into the theme music it was like coming home again. :-)

You'll love it. I sure do. I have a lvl 21 witch doctor in normal and a lvl 11 barbarian in hardcore.
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Imgembo:
    Vision:
    PC. My son pre-ordered it and got it in download and they are shipping the CDs.

PC as well. I am i-vision-i on battlelog. Sry about the thread jack.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    In the name of all things (un)holy I NEED THIS DAMN GAME!!!!! I'm just not sure that my PC can handle it sadly. I might have to upgrade some hardware first. Crappy old laptop...
  • Options
    JSaint:
    The Sniper:

You'll love it. I sure do. I have a lvl 21 witch doctor in normal and a lvl 11 barbarian in hardcore.
    This game is worse than crack cocaine, just like the first two! After I put it on the computer around 10pm Friday night, I said, lets just check out the graphics on this beeotch before I go to bed... looked up and it was 2am!!!

Thank GOD I didnt have to be in to work until noon the next day! LOL

• Options
    JSaintJSaint Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    JSaint:
    The Sniper:

This game is worse than crack cocaine, just like the first two! After I put it on the computer around 10pm Friday night, I said, lets just check out the graphics on this beeotch before I go to bed... looked up and it was 2am!!!

The night I bought it was release night and the servers were crashing. Well they finally went up at 1am......I played until 6 =/ lol!
    "Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky
  • Options
    JSaint:
    The Sniper:
    JSaint:
    The Sniper:

The night I bought it was release night and the servers were crashing. Well they finally went up at 1am......I played until 6 =/ lol!
    Yeah a lot of people were pissed that this game is online, which the older Diablo's were local and the servers kept crashing. Got to love this new DRM for games. It makes sense if you think about it. People can't hack the items anymore like the first two games.
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Got a level 41 demon hunter. Have not been working too hard on it but trying to get to 60 fast. Then I can slower level a barbarian. Let the demon hunter farm out for the barbarian.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    So has anyone beat this game on inferno yet? I have a 60 WD with over 25k damage and still have a problem on ACT 1 near the end. The enemies are freaking cheap. Crap in the AH is way over priced, and *** doesn't drop that can help me much.
  • Options
    Got bored with D3, D2 was way better even though D3 has better graphics. I went back to playing Asheron's Call. Waiting for Guild Wars 2 to come out.