Home General Discussion
Options

Crap in crap out!

Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
So I'm new to this forum but a long time puffer...so here we go. A while ago I received some cohiba xv's, I put them in the humy and forgot about them till today. They have been resting for about 3yrs in 67% rh. Anyway I went out to enjoy the weather and have a puff or two. I figured I would give this cigar a try after being burrows for years. Well I cut it lit it and wow! This cigar stunk!! It tasted like leather wrapped in tin foil! I figured I'd give it a little bit more of a chance so I kept smoking it. It did change a little bit but it changed for the worst! Leather started to disappear and more of the metallic flavor came out. Looking at some reviews of this I see people saying they might change for the Better over time.... Well I'm here to say they do not!!! This might have been the worst cigar I have smoked so far! So if you have any of these in your humy and you were hoping they get better over time, my advise would be to give them away and make more room in your humy for something worth it!
Money can't buy taste

Comments

• Options
    NOBLE 6NOBLE 6 Posts: 34
    I've got one that I've had for 5 years. I kept it in my wine cooler until last month when I got my first humidore. Wanted to smoke it on a special occasion. Maybe I'll trade it.
  • Options
    Honestly if you have had it that long try it out...just don't smoke it for any special occasion! I think everyone should try it if they have had it that long but you never know you may like it... And if you do like it I have more I plan on giving away
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I'll agree with this.
    The XV isn't close to being a good tasting cigar.

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This is funny...the XV is the only Dominican Cohiba I can stand to smoke.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    I don't know if I would consider it a super special occasion cigar but the robusto I had was pretty good, albeit not super complex. I didn't get any metallic taste from mine. Hopefully you were just unfortunate to have a bad one.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Have you tried the Puro Dominicana yet? They're not bad. The pricing is completely ridiculous though.
  • Options
    Yeah the pd's are good but your right about the price. I was expecting a lot more from the xv and for the price of any cohiba they all could be a lot better
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Russ55:
    j0z3r:
    Have you tried the Puro Dominicana yet? They're not bad. The pricing is completely ridiculous though.
    Didn't like it one bit. Cohiba is one line that does nothing for me.