Home General Discussion
Options

Getting a 500ct cabinet humidor!

2»

Comments

• Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the cigar shop owner got his order in to get the humidor and it is ordered.
    The only catch is, if the humidor isn't in stock, he doesn't get it. So now I sit and wait (with my famous lack of patience) until Friday. So now, I'm pretty sure I am getting it, as it is ordered, but it isn't a certain thing yet, which is driving me insane.

Quick, everyone cross their fingers. I want things thing bad. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    Thats awesome brother, I hope it works out for you.
  • Options
    Got it!!!
    The cigar store ordered one and got it, but it was a cherry wood tower, which he decided he wanted to keep, so I got the one in the lounge, which is black, for $250. It is already seasoned and came with a "Hydra" electronic humidifier. Don't know much about that brand of humidifier, but it came with the humidor.

So here it is.

In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    *Petey**Petey* Posts: 375
    dang . . . . congrats man. thats awesome
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Very nice...Congrats Tony!
    0patience:
    Got it!!!
    The cigar store ordered one and got it, but it was a cherry wood tower, which he decided he wanted to keep, so I got the one in the lounge, which is black, for $250. It is already seasoned and came with a "Hydra" electronic humidifier. Don't know much about that brand of humidifier, but it came with the humidor.

So here it is.

• Options
    Congrats Tony, enjoy brother
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I can't believe I finally got it.
    And I didn't get a choice in where it went. The wife already had a place that she decided it would go.
    And I learned a long time ago, never argue with Momma. She always wins. Besides, it looks good where it is. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Very nice. I like it.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Congratz on taking the plunge
  • Options
    Question for you guys with cabinet/tower humidors.
    Is it normal for the humidity to be off from the top to the bottom?

I get lower readings at the top, than I do the bottom. I moved the humidifier to the center shelf and it seems to help. Is this normal?
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    0patience:

I get lower readings at the top, than I do the bottom. I moved the humidifier to the center shelf and it seems to help. Is this normal?
    yes, I have a 3500 count, and the top of mine is about 1 to 2 percent higher....i also have the hydra XL and it really keeps things rock solid...ive got a pound of beads coming for a quick recovery, when i open the door....may want to look at some beads as well.....you got a smoking deal on that, it looks awsome!
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    0patience:

yes, I have a 3500 count, and the top of mine is about 1 to 2 percent lower....i also have the hydra XL and it really keeps things rock solid...ive got a pound of beads coming for a quick recovery, when i open the door....may want to look at some beads as well.....you got a smoking deal on that, it looks awsome!
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll get some beads for it. Yeah, when I open the door, it's amazing how fast things change. LOL!

I priced this tower and to be honest, if I had to purchase it outright, I would never have been able to afford it. Not to mention that most places don't include a $60 humidifier. Being a loyal customer has its perks.
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    It looks awesome I am so green with envy lol very sweet
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,917
    Beautiful cabinet sir. Ain't it nice to just plug it in and load sticks since its already seasoned? What a great deal too.
  • Options
    james40:
    Beautiful cabinet sir. Ain't it nice to just plug it in and load sticks since its already seasoned? What a great deal too.
    Yes, no having to wait a week. Besides, my patience couldn't take that. So I am glad I ended up with the one already set up. Thanks!
    In Fumo Pax

Wylaff said:
  • Options
    You, no patience?! Unheard of. LOL
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    marineatbn03:
    You, no patience?! Unheard of. LOL
    Whatever you do, DO NOT ask God to give you patience. He will TEACH you patience by hours and hours of rush hour traffic, airport layovers, multiple DMV visits, a trip to Disney World on Senior Citizens' week... God has a sense of humor after all.

Good score with the big ass humidor! Looks like you need some help filling it. :-)

• Options
    mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Tony, karma works both ways and glad to see you get such a good deal! You deserve it!