Home General Discussion
Options

Black Ops Lighters. Any Good?

VisionVision Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking at the Black Ops Lighter on the site. Anyone using one? Are they any good?

Comments

• Options
    TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    i use the triple flame they gave us at cfest. it burns through fuel quickly, but not a bad lighter, with a built in punch too.
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    Trident:
    i use the triple flame they gave us at cfest. it burns through fuel quickly, but not a bad lighter, with a built in punch too.
    I have that and an alpha. Both are solid lighters and I got both in a deal too
  • Options
    Rail_JockeyRail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    I have two of them, and they are "so-so"
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    scarlin:
    Trident:
    I have that and an alpha. Both are solid lighters and I got both in a deal too
    I also have the single and triple.

The single is fairly decent, no problems.

The triple is OK, but the punch is worthless.

The only reason I got them is that they were in deals.

If you're looking to buy a lighter, get a Xikar (lifetime warranty), or the Bugatti.
  • Options
    jgkaminjgkamin Posts: 110 ✭✭
    Trident:
    You're right, I burned right through the fuel, glad to know it wasn't just me.
  • Options
    I have two of them. Triple flame with a punch. They came in the ~$15 deals where you get a lighter and 5 cigars. The punch is a little awkward - it's angled in, so it's a little weird to line up the cigar properly, but it's fine in a pinch. The lighter itself isn't bad. Not my best lighter, but the flame is strong enough to counteract a strong San Francisco wind.
  • Options
    Lee.mcglynnLee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    I always buy vector... They haven't let me down and they stand by the warranty.
    Money can't buy taste
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I started using the black ops kilo lighter that I got from a march madness deal. In the beginning this thing worked great! Now, sometimes when I pull on the lever, the top doesn't always open, and sometimes it takes like 3 or 4 clicks for the thing to stay lit. Once it's lit though, it burns like a champ with its triple flame. I'll keep using it until it quits or breaks. Good thing it was free.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    If you're in the market for a lighter, I can't stress Xikar enough - Crossover is a fantastic torch, and the EX is a fantastic soft flame. They run abour $40 on Amazon, but totally worth it with the lifetime warranty and large fuel tanks