Home General Discussion

Trying to Identify an Ashton VSG

LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
I have picked up a cigar from my local B&M and it is an Ashton VSG and with the reviews and such I thought it'd be a great cigar. I am currently ENJOYING IT IMMENSELY!!!

The only problem is that the label on my cigar looks similar to the ashton label on CCOM, but mine does not say "Cabinet" on it.

On http://www.ashtoncigar.com/Ashton-VSG.jsp they show the label I have... but what does that mean? Why is mine different?

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    usually the word "cabinet" refers to the amount of cigars in a box. over 50 is a cabinet... however i remember reading something different about that.... ill see what i can find for ya.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I read somewhere that "cabinet" indicated that the cigars came in a wooden box, rather than cardboard.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    I read somewhere that "cabinet" indicated that the cigars came in a wooden box, rather than cardboard.
    after looking it up urbino was spot on. Cabinet Selection: Cigars packaged in cedar boxes, in lieu of paper wrapped boxes. These boxes provide direct contact with the cedar and can be preferable for long term aging. somehow i remember in one of the early ccom radio podcasts that they talked about this cigar and mentioned something else...im not gunna lie, i dont have the paitence to sit around all day and find it...
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Of course, the "Cabinet" designation is still kinda confusing, because lots of cigars that don't have "Cabinet" in the name are packed in wooden boxes.