Home General Discussion

It's coming.

Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
http://www.cigardinner.com/ Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Comments

• jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not a fan of it being in Pennsylvania.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    It's a great excuse for a cross country road trip.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Might be out of my budget. $300 is a lot of money for the event. $150 to $200 is more realistic for me.
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Sounds like an awesome time. Unfortunately the only time I will wear a tie is when the mortician puts it on me lol
    I went to a gala last year at the chop house to support of local community college the tickets we about the same and I didn't even get cigars but the food was well worth it.
    For a charity gala the price is decent. Plus the 10 sticks n grub
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
  • jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Only if I can herf w/ the CCOM crew in your office. press Y for yes. F for f off
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Trying to lay the ground work for this now. How quickly is this gonna sell out?
  • bigfnstevebigfnsteve Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Only if I can herf w/ the CCOM crew in your office. press Y for yes. F for f off
    +1 And a tour of the facility and leave from the Gala with Aj straight to Esteli! Haha. I'm really tempted. If's right in the middle of my planned trip to SE Asia though. Choices Choices.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Meh, I'll pass. Next year might I suggest something down South, with the beneficiary being Wounded Warriors?
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    +1000 ^
  • 0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does all the good stuff happen 3,000 miles away from me?
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Do you have to wear a tux to this thing?
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    If there's any way I can make this happen, I will be there.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    nice.
    Great charity. Looks lke itll be a great event.
    im gunna try and talk the wife into going.
    skweekz:
    I'm curious to know this too.
    Ken Light:
    And this... ?
    rwheelwright:
    Ken Light:
    And this... ?
    Yes it will be tux or atleast a very nice suit and tie. I expect tickets to be around for atleast a week due to the relative high cost but I can't honestly say.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    rwheelwright:
    Ken Light:
    And this... ?
    Yes it will be tux or atleast a very nice suit and tie. I expect tickets to be around for atleast a week due to the relative high cost but I can't honestly say.
    Damn, I'd hate to feel underdressed in a suit and tie, so I think the 100-200 bucks for a tux rental prices me out of this one. Hope it goes well.
    Ken Light:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    rwheelwright:
    Ken Light:
    And this... ?
    Damn, I'd hate to feel underdressed in a suit and tie, so I think the 100-200 bucks for a tux rental prices me out of this one. Hope it goes well.
    Think it said you can do suit and tie.
    Direwolf:
    Ken Light:
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    rwheelwright:
    Ken Light:
    And this... ?
    Think it said you can do suit and tie.
    It did, but I'm not about to be the only one slummin' it, lol. If we get a group together of suit-wearing BOTL's, I think I'm swinging it again.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    0patience:
    Why does all the good stuff happen 3,000 miles away from me?
    Several guys asking why in PA. Just a heads up. If we had it in your state, we would have to start charging state sales and tobacco taxes on all shipments in that state. We want to keep prices great for everyone.
    rwheelwright:
    Ken Light:
    And this... ?
    Black Tie Optional. If you don't wear a tux, we would prefer a suit. I hate ties too. I wouldn't be offended if someone showed up without a tie. In fact, I would sympathize.
    rwheelwright:
    skweekz:
    I'm curious to know this too.
    It is the first year so to be honest, we are not sure. We do believe it will sell out so I believe it is just a matter of how fast.
    I'm trying to work this with some friends. As of now maybe 3 - 4 of us. Who knows though as ticket buying time gets closer. Could be more or none. YOu guys know how people are.
    Re: Pricing. Believe it or not, to book the Sands, get a full open bar with premium drinks, massive dinner, entertainment, the cost per head is extremely expensive. That said, what money is made is benefiting the charity.
  • TridentTrident Posts: 2,561 ✭✭✭✭
    the tux makes you feel a little like james bond though. order some martinis shaken not stirred a couple gorgeous gals, and cigars and gambling...speaks 00 to me.

I'm definately thinking about hitting this event up
    Alex Svenson:
    Re: Pricing. Believe it or not, to book the Sands, get a full open bar with premium drinks, massive dinner, entertainment, the cost per head is extremely expensive. That said, what money is made is benefiting the charity.
    Hey, maybe next year we can get my band to play. Big Band, Rock and Roll, etc... >Wink Wink
    We actually do a lot of benefits like BOMA, Boy Scouts of America, etc..
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Looks like alot of fun. If I can get one of my buddies interested maybe I can do it, it would be a long drive by myself.

"Long ashes my friends."