Home General Discussion
Options

Mexican San Andres Maduro

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
This was my first choice, since I've never really heard of it; I was wondering what cigars I could try that have this wrapper?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Romeo y Julieta Viejo. That's one, I'll have to do some thinking and researching to find some more.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I just saw today that the Acid Opulence # uses it as a wrapper also, but since it is an infused cigar, I don't think it would be very good for a tasting sample to get the flavor of the wrapper.
  • Options
    Alright, I'll grab one of these tomorrow or friday.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Padron Anniversary Maduro uses this wrapper.
  • Options
    Thanks Alex. If I can pick up a few tomorrow, I will; I have some scratch tomorrow as well, so I'll probably get a few off here if I like 'em.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    j0z3r:
    Romeo y Julieta Viejo. That's one, I'll have to do some thinking and researching to find some more.
    mmmm....had one of those yesterday...really good smoke.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    Interesting tidbit there. For some reason, I probably made it up, I thought Padron used a Nicaraguan maduro leaf...again, I probably just invented that thought on a whim, and obviously it's wrong since you've got the real scoop.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Alex Svenson:
    Interesting tidbit there. For some reason, I probably made it up, I thought Padron used a Nicaraguan maduro leaf...again, I probably just invented that thought on a whim, and obviously it's wrong since you've got the real scoop.
    I thought that too... for some reason.
  • Options
    I think I know where I got that from...they use a Nica. maduro leaf on the standard Padron line, from there I just assumed they used the same leaf.
  • Options
    Est. 1844 also comes with this San Andres Maduro wrapper. Pretty good.
  • Options
    Joshua Smelko:
    Est. 1844 also comes with this San Andres Maduro wrapper. Pretty good.
    Yeah, I'm very tempted to try one of these. I love Padron, as well as an aged Nica Libre. That's by far my favorite maduro wrapper.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Padron says they use all Nicaraguan tobacco, but there have long been rumors about their maduro wrapper actually being San Andres.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Just bought two of these a couple weeks ago Emilio AF1 BMF looking forward to giving them a try.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    Padron says they use all Nicaraguan tobacco, but there have long been rumors about their maduro wrapper actually being San Andres.
    once you taste that Padron signature flavor in a Nica Libre, you know exactly where that wrapper is from. there is no mistaking
  • Options
    stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Gran Habano Azteca.

• Options
    RoyalCigarsRoyalCigars Posts: 106
    Not sure if its a Maduro but the Don Pepin line La Reloba seleccion Mexico uses a San Andreas wrapper. I`m hoping Ccom gets some in this summer.

-Regards and Long Ashes!