Home Ratings & Reviews

new poster loves c.com signiture labels

Hello all.   I'm new to c.com (as of 1/1/09) but have enjoyed premium cigars long before Cigar Aficianado.  That hated magazine that caused my cigars to double in cost and half in quality!  But, that's not the point of my post.  I am amazed at the quality and diversity of Cigar.com's signiture label cigars.  The Purple is to mild for my taste but is an excellent cigar non the less.  The Blue I like for morning's or when I want something lite.  The Red, Brazil and Cuban  are excellent smokes.  Quality and taste that compare to cigars 3x's their price.  

The last couple years I became rather bored with cigars.  I stuck to the big names, Partagas. Hupman, R&J etc because I got tired of wasting my money on trying to find a quality $3 cigar.  These fit the bill nicely.   This web site has reinvigorated my passion and reduced my savings account in equal measure.  A fello aficianado traded me smokes while we were fishing king salmon on the Kenai river last year.  I gave him a Partagas natural and he gave me my choice from a tin of Acid cigars and a tip to this web site.  I felt he got the best of that deal (on cigars) but since then have enjoyed the various Drew Estate lines and find them to be very high quality sticks.

Love reading from you knowledgeable people on this forum.

Today is my 50th and tonight I'll be having a Hemingway maduro....purchased from where else!

Comments

• betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Well first and foremost, welcome to our little community! This is a fantastic place for a beginner like me, and a pro like you alike! I wish you a very happy birthday!
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Happy Bday 405-hang around and share with us-there does seem to be an influx of newbies lately...all experiences are welcome
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I haven't had too many house blends, but I do like some of ccoms. Red and blue fit me nicely.
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Happy Birthday!!! ....and welcome to the boards.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    405bench:
    The last couple years I became rather bored with cigars.  I stuck to the big names, Partagas. Hupman, R&J etc because I got tired of wasting my money on trying to find a quality $3 cigar.

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=309

95% of the posters here will back me on this.
  • ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    Vidarien:
    405bench:
    The last couple years I became rather bored with cigars.  I stuck to the big names, Partagas. Hupman, R&J etc because I got tired of wasting my money on trying to find a quality $3 cigar.

The other 5% haven't tried it :P
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    ScottU:
    Vidarien:
    405bench:

The other 5% haven't tried it :P
    I don't disagree, but if someone offered me a 5 vegas or a ccom smoke, I'd probably grab the ccom label. That being said, I've had all the ccom offerings. I haven't had all the 5 vegas. I have a cask stregth and a limitada resting. I enjoyed most of the 5 vegas I've had...but not overly so.
  • VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    I'm impressed luko, i usually only hear great praise. If you're talking about the gold..i could see maybe. But if you're talking about the A or the miami...you're missing out if you havent sampled those yet.

Edit: Other 3 dollar range great-quality cigars include sol cubano cuban cabinet, Oliva serie G, and Cusano M1/MC/P1.
  • tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    Welcome 405...couldn't agree more....I love the red and cuban label.....great smoke, great price. Another GREAT cigar for the price...5 vegas Classic......NEVER an issue
  • 405bench405bench Posts: 36

tankbonnies:
    Welcome 405...couldn't agree more....I love the red and cuban label.....great smoke, great price. Another GREAT cigar for the price...5 vegas Classic......NEVER an issue

Thanks for the welcome and the recommendation.  I have five of them in my Cart.

• JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Happy birthday 405! And does 405bench mean you can bench press 405 lbs?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jdorais:
    lol, that was my first thought. I really like some of the ccom house blends, the Cuban label and Brazilian are my top picks, the cameroon and blue are also pretty good I think. And for the price, well it's pretty much a no brainer.
  • 405bench405bench Posts: 36

Jdorais:

Yes, at 50 years old no less!  (Raw)   And thanks for asking, as it is something I'm proud of.

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    405bench:

Jdorais:

Yes, at 50 years old no less!  (Raw)   And thanks for asking, as it is something I'm proud of.

Dude, you must be huge. The most I have ever put up is 315 and that was two weeks ago. I did 300 when I was 19 or 20. This is what I find funny. When I was younger I worked out all the time and 300 was my max. Now, I barely go to the gym and if I do it is 99% cardio with maybe some weight thrown in and for **** and giggles I put up 315. Weird! Must be because I weight a lot more now than I did then. Congrats on the serious weight!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    very cool, now what can a person do Drunk? that would be funny to see.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I actually just tried my first ccom cigar last night. I went for the cuban label while hanging with some buddies from work and I have to say I was impressed. Burned even, smoked perfectly, cool, never got harsh, nice, earthy flavors with a touch of spice. Good work ccom.
    405bench:

Jdorais:

I've been kicking around the idea of changing my profile name to Longzilla. Anyone, please, feel free to ask why.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    I've been kicking around the idea of changing my profile name to Longzilla. Anyone, please, feel free to ask why.
    Do you tell really long stories? I like stories.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Luko:
    405bench:

Jdorais:

I can guess!

Okay, so get this; you were probably born under a huge star called Levitus, which has since extinguished and is no longer visible to the naked eye. At your birth, an old Gypsy woman named Prothetea entered the nursery (by force) and claimed you were touched by the gods, destined to ascend to the highest reaches of Olympus. She said that in order to claim your throne, you needed to change your screen name for something significant into a word that could be associated with monsters, and had to have Long in it?

is that about right?

betasynn:
    Luko:
    405bench:

Jdorais:

I can guess!

Okay, so get this; you were probably born under a huge star called Levitus, which has since extinguished and is no longer visible to the naked eye. At your birth, an old Gypsy woman named Prothetea entered the nursery (by force) and claimed you were touched by the gods, destined to ascend to the highest reaches of Olympus. She said that in order to claim your throne, you needed to change your screen name for something significant into a word that could be associated with monsters, and had to have Long in it?

is that about right?

No quite...the gypsy was named J. Alfred Prufrock, but all other aspects of the story are spot on...nicely done.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Luko:
    betasynn:
    Luko:
    405bench:

Jdorais:

I can guess!

is that about right?

No quite...the gypsy was named J. Alfred Prufrock, but all other aspects of the story are spot on...nicely done.

Jeez ...I,m getting closer to that age and I could only bench about 220 lbs.(not even sure I could do that now) but I've not been lifting or working out much for about 2 years now. I always loved how good it made me feel though ...getting back into the walking though this month...have a route laid out thats 2.5 miles...taking baby steps to get back in shape...Damn work gets in the way of so many things I enjoy ...