Home Cigar 101
Options

My first dilemma!

Ok so, in my enthusiasm for cigars, I've ordered more cigars than my fifty count humi can handle. I've got about thirty that I don't have room for. My question is, if I put them in wooden cigar boxes with a water pillow, will that be sufficient humidity to keep from ruining them until I can make some room in the humi a few at a time?

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Put them in a tupperware container with a good seal and water pillows or better yet Boveda Packs and this will be sufficient. Rotate them into your humi as soon as you can as this is better. The cigar boxes probably don't have the proper seal to keep them at the correct RH. Or to teach yourself a valuable lesson on irrational exuberance in cigar ordering send me the 30 sticks and I will smoke them and then taunt you with tales of how great they were ...;)
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Pick your favorite six people and send them five sticks each; or workout some trades, and have your trade partner hit you back at a later date.

Or do what everybody else here would do: buy another humi!

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    The tupperdore will work fine unil you can get another humi...lotsa people here use them. There are so many cigar deals, specials, new blends, new brands, new cigars from old brands, games on here and so on and so forth its very easy to find yourself outta room in a short amount of time... thats why if your serious about cigars it always pays to buy the largest humidor you can possibly afford regardless of how much or little you think you'll smoke...
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I too am afraid that today's ccom order will overflow the coolerdor, which was originally overflow for my 2 humis. I've heard the first step is admitting that you have a problem. Thankfully, I don't have a problem. I'll just smoke more.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    brsmith21:
    I too am afraid that today's ccom order will overflow the coolerdor, which was originally overflow for my 2 humis. I've heard the first step is admitting that you have a problem. Thankfully, I don't have a problem. I'll just smoke more.
    Sir, your logic is infallible.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    brsmith21:
    I've heard the first step is admitting that you have a problem. Thankfully, I don't have a problem. I'll just smoke more.
    That is quote worthy my friend. Also, that there is your answer Marshall...there's no need to store ashes, so get to smokin', three a day until you have space. :)
  • Options
    Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    j0z3r:
    brsmith21:
    I've heard the first step is admitting that you have a problem. Thankfully, I don't have a problem. I'll just smoke more.
    That is quote worthy my friend. Also, that there is your answer Marshall...there's no need to store ashes, so get to smokin', three a day until you have space. :)
    So quote worthy, that I stole it for my sig. :)
  • Options
    Garen, I am honored.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    Marshallrocks80:
    Ok so, in my enthusiasm for cigars, I've ordered more cigars than my fifty count humi can handle. I've got about thirty that I don't have room for. My question is, if I put them in wooden cigar boxes with a water pillow, will that be sufficient humidity to keep from ruining them until I can make some room in the humi a few at a time?
    You could just send them to me for safe keeping...... ;-)
  • Options
    405bench405bench Posts: 36

brsmith21:

You people crack me up!

• Options
    405bench405bench Posts: 36

brsmith21:

You people crack me up!

• Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    smbrink:
    brsmith21:
    Sir, your logic is infallible.
    lol... that's the spirit. I think a few people on here were saying to leave the lids to your tuppador's on but not sealed. Allows some air to flow through.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    lol... that's the spirit. I think a few people on here were saying to leave the lids to your tuppador's on but not sealed. Allows some air to flow through.

I leave the lid sealed on the cooler, but open it every day or two just to check the humidity and move some air. With a pound of 65% beads, it stays at 70% almost all of the time. I try to rotate sticks out of the cooler and rest them in one of the desktop humis for a couple of weeks or more prior to smoking as I keep these between 60 and 65%, which is my personal preference.