Home General Discussion
Options

cigar in yellow tube

Hey guys I need a little help, today in my cigar shop I saw a new brand they were carrying. I forgot the freakin name of them and cant locate them online. They are pretty thick cigars, lighter wrapper and in big yellow boxes and tubes. She said that they are very close to authentic cuban cigars... now how valid that is i dont know. I can vouch though this cigar shop dose not carry any off brands. Does anyone know what the cigar could have been? It was probably a boutiqe brand.

Comments

• Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Could have been a Partagas, some of these are in yellow boxes and tubes
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    The brand is called Siglos. It is new and IMHO highly unenjoyable. If you are looking some cuban like, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet is what you want.
  • Options
    Was not siglos, I do know of that brand. She said they are somewhat new. And when I say yellow case i mean all yeallow, with yellow bands, and in a yellow tube.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Alex Svenson:
    The brand is called Siglos. It is new and IMHO highly unenjoyable. If you are looking some cuban like, Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet is what you want.

What he said. I cant speak for siglos because i never had it, but Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet is worth it and then some.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    the only othe brand i know of that is in a yellow tube is Don Tomas cameroon.
    however, they are not new.

• Options
    Don Tomas Allegro Clasico 5.0 x 5.5 --Appears to be bright yellow tube and yellow box - I had heard there was a blend change so maybe this was what was being referred to as new ...and yeah not to sound like a parrot but I would go Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet hands down ...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've seen a Montecristo in a yellow tube they aren't new thats for sure. I'm also with Alex on this one, the Sol Cubano Cuban Cab is a great smoke! A must have in my humidor at all times!
  • Options
    What do you guys think of the camacho pre embargo?
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    CAO 65th Anniversary?
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    newtocigars:
    What do you guys think of the camacho pre embargo?
    Love this cigar and recommend it if you can afford it as it is quite pricey. A lot of people are drawn to it because of its pre embargo filler, but the real gem is the 10 year old corojo wrapper from Camachos first crop.
  • Options
    Ok turns out it was a sigos cigar, they have new packaging so looks way different then before thats what threw me off. Are their cigars any good, the guy claimed it was very close to cuban.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    newtocigars:
    Ok turns out it was a sigos cigar, they have new packaging so looks way different then before thats what threw me off. Are their cigars any good, the guy claimed it was very close to cuban.
    Can I make a small recommendation? I just want to say that just because a cigar is "very close to Cuban" does not make it good. I'm also not saying it is bad, but don't let the mystique of Cuban cigars throw you off, there are plenty of excellent cigars out there that are not very close to Cuban.
  • Options
    I wasn't making that generalization, I have heard from some that Cuban cigars now are not as good as they used to be. This is from friends that live over seas and can get Cubans as they please. I have also heard that dominican cigars are better then what cuban used to be. Who knows how much of this is true.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Personal taste should also be factored in. Personally, I'm fairly new to cigars and I'm actually just starting to really pick up the flavors and such this past month. I haven't spent any real money on a stick because it'd be sort of wasted on me. Now that I can feel the difference in a cigar, taste the flavors, and store them properly, I've started to invest money in my hobby. I have some Padilla 1932's sitting in the humi, and I bought a Camacho Triple M today as well. I'm trying lots of new things, and have discovered that cigars that are though of as close to cuban taste... well, they taste a certain way, and cigars that are dominican taste another. Neither is better, just different.
  • Options
    Hey the cigar is by altadis, it is their new brand called siglo.  That is what it is.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    newtocigars:
    I wasn't making that generalization, I have heard from some that Cuban cigars now are not as good as they used to be. This is from friends that live over seas and can get Cubans as they please. I have also heard that dominican cigars are better then what cuban used to be. Who knows how much of this is true.
    I know you weren't making the generalization. Mainly what I'm saying is to keep an open mind and not fall for sales gimmicks, such as comparing a cigar to a Cuban. Good cigars are, like many things, seen in the eye of the beholder. I'd say buy one of these cigars and see if you like it, that is the true test.
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:

So Alex wins, he was correct to begin with ...again...:)
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    j0z3r:
    newtocigars:
    I know you weren't making the generalization. Mainly what I'm saying is to keep an open mind and not fall for sales gimmicks, such as comparing a cigar to a Cuban. Good cigars are, like many things, seen in the eye of the beholder. I'd say buy one of these cigars and see if you like it, that is the true test.
    This is the bottom line...you wanna know what the cigar in the yellow tube is like, give it a whirl. Sometimes I get overwhelmed by the amount of cigars I haven't tried. Makes me feel guilty every time I go back to one I've had before...seriously, I smoke a fair amount of RP and just love them, but there are so many great smokes to try I try not to keep going back to them.