Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

Flor de Oliva and Primeros Regionals - Dominican

I've been looking at the Flor de Oliva cigars for a few days now. The price is amazing, which is good considering I have such little income. I wanted to know what CCOM thought about these cigars before I buy a few.
I also came across the Dominican Primeros which are 50 for $50. Anyone try these?

Comments

• Options
    JFJF Posts: 54

Had one of the Flor de Oliva Giants (8x80) a friend gave me - very little flavor to speak of, very irritating smoke, ended up with a throat-ache. From what I understand, it had been resting for about three months.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive had a few.
    im not mad at em.
  • Options
    VidarienVidarien Posts: 246
    Ive had the dom. primeros, came with a sampler once. Bottom line there is...its not a bad flavor, however, its not a great flavor either. I mean...if you like mild dominician cigars that dont change flavor at all and just contain a basic profile what you would expect from a generic dominican cigar, then this may be for you. It wasnt for me, but, im more discerning and easily bored by milds if they dont pack a real flavor profile. Man i wish i had an Ashton Classic right now and a White Ale....mmmph.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Well, it doesn't look like I'll be wasting my money on these cigars.

Thanks for the advice!
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    If you want some inexpensive cigars that are pretty good, try the CCOM house blends. They are only about $5 more per box then the Flor de Oliva and I think they are a better cigar than the Primeros. My personal favorites are the Brazilian and the Red labels.
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    JF:

Had one of the Flor de Oliva Giants (8x80) a friend gave me - very little flavor to speak of, very irritating smoke, ended up with a throat-ache. From what I understand, it had been resting for about three months.
    i think just about anything that size would make my throat hurt the next day. That would be like a 3 hr or more smoke.....
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Try the Sol Cubano Series B. One might argue that they are the same as the Flor de Oliva bundles but cheaper ;)
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    brc81:
    JF:

i think just about anything that size would make my throat hurt the next day. That would be like a 3 hr or more smoke.....
    WTF! man that would be a beast. I thought the largest gauge was like 64... man I wouldn't even tackle that.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    80 Gauge ---Daaammmnnn !!!
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    Alex Svenson:
    Try the Sol Cubano Series B. One might argue that they are the same as the Flor de Oliva bundles but cheaper ;)

The Sol Cubanos are about 25 cents more than the Flor de Olivas ^_^.
    EDIT: I just saw that if you choose a different wrapper, they are in fact cheaper. Thanks Alex.
    But yeah, I'll be ordering a CCOM sampler soon enough.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Ever heard of the Galaxia by Perdomo? It measure 10x100...that's ten inches long by a 100 ring gauge...even Monica Lewinsky would have trouble gobbling that beast.
  • Options
    JFJF Posts: 54
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    Ever heard of the Galaxia by Perdomo? It measure 10x100...that's ten inches long by a 100 ring gauge...even Monica Lewinsky would have trouble gobbling that beast.

Just realized I misspoke (or mis-typed). It was a 8x60.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    lol, I don't know I've heard rumors.....
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:

Wow Joe ...you ever had one of those things ?