Home General Discussion
Options

ccom suggestion

I was wondering if Cigar.com could be able to set this up with their daily deals. Have something like a flat rate and you get 5 random cigars. I feel like most of you would appreciate to slim the cost on some of the more expensive cigars but also cigar.com can get rid of their overstock. Assuming the cheaper cost people would be able to expand their tastes towards other brands, and types along with having the fun suspense of not knowing what cigars we will be expecting at the door for us!

Just a fun suggestion that i feel most of us would enjoy!!

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    There is a five cigar grab bag listed here somewhere.
  • Options
    Cigar.com has a great Cigar of the Month club, five cigars delivered at the first of each and you get 10% off of all purchases(making the free shipping when you buy two on the Daily even sweeter). Sign up I doubt you will be disappointed. I find this a great way to sample and get turned on to new cigars znd you get the "surpise" factor as well....
  • Options
    tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I know I keep on saying this..and I'm sorry...BUT...free shipping on daily deals would be great. And yes, I know if you buy 2, you get free shipping......
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    tankbonnies:
    I know I keep on saying this..and I'm sorry...BUT...free shipping on daily deals would be great. And yes, I know if you buy 2, you get free shipping......

Hey Tank, don't take this the wrong way but, with the prices they offer for the one day specials now, and including that they WILL ship free if you purchase more then one... I mean, c'mon, they can;t just give them away.

I do however wish that we could possibly hold off on having orders sent out until the end of the week. That way if you grab more then one, "one day special" or weekend blitz you could have the entire order shipped at once, which would save C.Com and the buyer money on shipping orders.
    Just a thought.
  • Options
    This is an excellent idea. Like a checkbox and a calendar selector that says "Ship on Date: _____." That would actually be FANTASTIC. Any word on this, Alex?
  • Options
    I hear yah laker..and I agree that the prices are great.....one of the other sites out there has pretty similar prices and offer free shipping...that is all. Again, I am a huge ccom supporter and purchase most of my cigars from here....I would probably purchase even more if the offer was out there....that is all.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    tankbonnies:
    I hear yah laker..and I agree that the prices are great.....one of the other sites out there has pretty similar prices and offer free shipping...that is all. Again, I am a huge ccom supporter and purchase most of my cigars from here....I would probably purchase even more if the offer was out there....that is all.
    Lots of questions so I will hit them one at a time.

1. Hold until end of week. If you work with one of our consultants and want to keep a running order that ships Friday, I am sure they can set it up for you. However, the free shipping thing when you buy two or more deals would probably not go through. So doing it this way, there would be one shipping charge. i cant really get around the technology. However, our consultant could Honor any of the daily deals from the week.

2. Free shipping on all Daily Deal offers, not just 2 or more. I see someone mentioned other sites that do this. The problem there is that the other sites have a much higher price point. Usuall $25 or more. The items at our daily deal site are always at a lower price point so there just isnt room to offer free shipping. Believe it or not, we dont make a lot of money on these things to begin with (just look at our prices). That is why, when two or more are ordered it is possible and I think if you compare my price point when you guy two, it is the same as when you buy one deal from the others. Hope that makes sense.

3. I would entertain a mystery bag of 5 cigars for the daily deal one day if you guys like the sound of it. I would pick 5 different cigars and list only the msrp. As such, I would probably offer a pretty aggressive price since no one knows what will be in it. Your choice. Let me know.
  • Options
    smbrinksmbrink Posts: 406
    Alex Svenson:
    3. I would entertain a mystery bag of 5 cigars for the daily deal one day if you guys like the sound of it. I would pick 5 different cigars and list only the msrp. As such, I would probably offer a pretty aggressive price since no one knows what will be in it. Your choice. Let me know.
    That is a very interesting idea... I'll roll with this...
  • Options
    Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    smbrink:
    Alex Svenson:
    I like the idea as well. I'm on board.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    smbrink:
    Alex Svenson:
    I like the idea as well. I'm on board.
    I'm down for this one!!
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    That sounds pretty good. I have seen like 10 cigar grab bags elsewhere, but I don't know if I trust them. I would definately be down for this. Would it be a set five cigars, or would each five pack be different? IE, if you order two five packs, would you get 10 different cigars or 2 each of the five?
  • Options
    Thanks for the response Alex...again..you are a class act. I like the mystery pack idea..I'm all for that....
  • Options
    timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

Alex - good ideas, big guy.  If anyone here needs help with specifically point #1 on Alex's post, email me and I'll run point.

• Options
    hoffpahoffpa Posts: 14
    Alex thanks for listening and replying!! Such a great site that is willing to take ideas for a stronger community! 
  • Options
    Yeah, I'd be in for two if you did the grab bag. I think everyone here trusts your taste.
  • Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    A mystery bag would be awesome, i'd buy two of those!
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    I would buy the grab bag.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I too like the idea of the " mystery Bag" . I think it would be very popular, and after we start posting about how fantastic the surprise package is .. it will pick up a lot more action..
  • Options
    burchamsburchams Posts: 31
    kaspera79:
    Jetmech_63:
    I too like the idea of the " mystery Bag" . I think it would be very popular, and after we start posting about how fantastic the surprise package is .. it will pick up a lot more action..
    I agree. I would only trust this deal through you guys as I'm kinda paranoid like that. Don't do it all the time and call it the CCom Pix Stix. Don't worry. I won't charge anything for the name but you might throw one of those Camachos in a bag for me!
  • Options
    plaidbanana1plaidbanana1 Posts: 187
    im up for the grab bag
  • Options
    GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    Count me in!
  • Options
    ScottUScottU Posts: 194
    The only thing I would like to see added to ccom is the ability to make a "registry" type list. No one ever knows what to buy me for gifts, and it would be nice to say, go to cigar.com and type in my email address, and take your pick off the list...
  • Options
    ScottU:
    The only thing I would like to see added to ccom is the ability to make a "registry" type list. No one ever knows what to buy me for gifts, and it would be nice to say, go to cigar.com and type in my email address, and take your pick off the list...
    I like that idea...
  • Options
    ScottU:
    I wouldn't mind seeing something like this either. I have to be one of the hardest people to shop for. Also, my mom likes to get me cigars as stocking stuffers for Christmas, and she's not too keen on what to get and such. This would be an easy way for her to pick me up something that I would enjoy.
  • Options
    I could be considered a genius...
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Matt Marvel:
    ScottU:
    I wouldn't mind seeing something like this either. I have to be one of the hardest people to shop for. Also, my mom likes to get me cigars as stocking stuffers for Christmas, and she's not too keen on what to get and such. This would be an easy way for her to pick me up something that I would enjoy.
    Dude! Thats awesome! Can she adopt me? haha My wife does pretty good. If she isn't sure what to get me as a gift she calls up my smoking buddy and asks him some ideas. She keeps tabs on what I smoke and what I like though so she usually has a good idea.
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Matt Marvel:
    ScottU:
    Dude! Thats awesome! Can she adopt me? haha My wife does pretty good. If she isn't sure what to get me as a gift she calls up my smoking buddy and asks him some ideas. She keeps tabs on what I smoke and what I like though so she usually has a good idea.
    Haha, she asks me what I want, and I tell her some good ones to get. I would much rather be surprised though.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i could see it being similar to amazon's "wish list"
  • Options
    I think they should incorporate this, and compensate me with free cigars for life.... you know for the idea and all....
  • Options
    This is a pretty good thread. Yeah, the registry idea is very nice.