Home General Discussion
Options

Heartfelt thread.

VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just wanting to start a Heartfelt thread for people to ask questions or post their experience with them. I will be switch to the rectangle when they reopen.

First question. Do they come dry or pre-moistened?

Comments

• Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    Dry...live mine, I use the socks they sell
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    It took a while for mine to get the trunkidor up to snuff but they're working really well now. I threw half a pound into a MOW PA box and still have plenty of room for more if I needed them.
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    I'm using beads I found on cigarmony.com in my wineador. They are just as good if not better and a little cheaper then heartfelt. One pound of bulk beads came with two socks. Just sayin...
  • Options
    Knoxca1Knoxca1 Posts: 148 ✭✭
    I've been using Heartfelt for a while now and love them. I use them in all my humidors and a pound in the winedor. Last time they were closed for a period of time any orders place while they were closed got like 10% off or something. They also offer free shipping to military personnel which is pretty nice.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Just watch for people selling cat litter as "beads" there and on fleabay. I've seen several people get duped buying whats called "beads" and its just cat litter repackaged. That said, I stick with Conservagel or Heartfelt as its treated me flawlessly for 3 yrs with very little fluctuation in RH.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Smokindaddy:
    I'm using beads I found on cigarmony.com in my wineador. They are just as good if not better and a little cheaper then heartfelt. One pound of bulk beads came with two socks. Just sayin...
    just ordered a pound a beads based on this post, been using HF up to this point. Def better prices.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Krieg:
    Smokindaddy:
    just ordered a pound a beads based on this post, been using HF up to this point. Def better prices.
    Nice choice, I really like mine and they totally have HF beat in price and quality.
  • Options
    marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    +1 They are a little cheaper than HF. With that being said, cheaphumidors also sells on ebay and have 1/2lbs for a little cheaper still.
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    marineatbn03:
    +1 They are a little cheaper than HF. With that being said, cheaphumidors also sells on ebay and have 1/2lbs for a little cheaper still.
    These beads have been available for a long time now. They were sold (maybe still are) under the name Conservagel. They come with your choice of one or two pouches for holding the beads, and they are way cheaper then HF Beads. They also come in the same two humidity grades as the HF and they work great.
    The beads come "trained" and you should just add them to your humidor or cooler as they come. Watch your humidity for a day or two and it should stabilize in most cases. If you add water be careful not to add too much as these things are a *** to dry out.
  • Options
    Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    has anyone seen the humidity "sheets" on Heartfelt? I have a lb of 65% beads, and a the little disk humidifier with beads in it, but i wondered if just lining the bottom of a cooler or humidor with this humidity sheet would work? Looks kinda cool
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Smokindaddy:
    Just picked up a pound for my new cooler .
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    Smokindaddy:
    Just picked up a pound for my new cooler .
    Awesome, you will really like them and they work great!!
  • Options
    robertgreen30robertgreen30 Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭✭
    Hello Peter,

And hello all I'm new to the forum and started smoking a lot of different cigars and I'm greatful for more input on different cigars.

Rob. G
  • Options
    VisionVision Posts: 7,790 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These are the cats to learn from thats for sure.

Should of been "Beads Thread"