Home General Discussion
Options

excitement

kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
Any one else as excited about the JdN Cuenca y Blanco as i am ?

Dr. Alejandro Mart

Comments

• Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes sir!! Where do I sign up for these . I have got to get the Corona Real and the Lonsdale Club.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    kuzi16:
    i know what one im going for...
    Yeah, I feel your disappointment that they're not offering a 7x60 ;)
  • Options
    xmacro:
    kuzi16:
    i know what one im going for...
    Yeah, I feel your disappointment that they're not offering a 7x60 ;)
    i simultaneously love and hate you.
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    Yes sir!! Where do I sign up for these . I have got to get the Corona Real and the Lonsdale Club.

+1
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poker Slob:
    D@MN Tom..... were right in sync to the end bro, those were the two I picked out!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    Kuzi, you must tell us where to look for these. When to look for these.
  • Options
    Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Neat. Anytime JdN comes out with a new cigar I get excited.
  • Options
    jliu:
    end of august is the release
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    jliu:
    end of august is the release
    Sweet. Thank you kind sir.
  • Options
    blurrblurr Posts: 962 ✭✭
    Corona Real & Lonsdale here also, can't wait. Always makes me wonder why its clear on every cigar forum i read that robustos, coronas, Lonnies, & Lancies are the most desired sizes for regular smokers, why are so many fat chubber rg's in HUGE sizes released?
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Bigger=better and better value. *end sasrcasm* We=nerdy minority who care about flavor.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYES! Lonsdale sized JdN/Jose Blanco? I'm already a fan.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    I have smoked this cigar, I mentioned that to some other thread. Jose is a good friend of mine and I experienced first hand how this blend was developed. I still have couple of the testing samples. I will put some pictures later. He worked on this blend more than a year and went through 32 different blends. I smoked couple of the testing blends. This cigar is nothing like any other JDN cigar but the price will be moderate. It is not going to be an exit from JDN's regular line but definitely a sign of using more tobacco from other countries. When I smoked the 29th blend I gave 7.5 out of 10. Jose was little dissapointed and said maybe this is not for me. Later, he changed some fillers in it. Initially, there was an issue with the filler from Ometepe. I smoked the Toro which is one of my favorite size. This is a good cigar and my final rating was 8.9 out of 10. The cigar is very smooth, with balanced spiciness, mild cocoa, coffee, expresso flavors. It starts with sweet, woodiness and mild leathery note. Releases a lot of smoke. It has wonderful aroma, medium-long finish, it is complex but could have been better, straight medium bodied. I believe it will get the popularity. However, I wish the blend was little more complex. The wrapper came from a famous family firm and the blend has one more extra filler. Of course, blenders never reveal the true secret.
  • Options
    rzamanrzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭

These are the two testing blends (JBO 23rd and JBO 30th) during the development stage of the final blend. Jose created 32 different blends before he finalized the cigar. I smoked six different blends before JBO 33. It was a great experience to see how a cigar blend develop with a lot of hard work and dedication.
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    Well that finalizes what your vitola choice should be. Looks like the blend was developed as the corona real.