Home General Discussion
Options

Alec Bradley

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
my local cigar bar is having an Alec Bradley event tonight that I am thinking about going to. Has anyone smoked any of these cigars? If so, what did you think of them?

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've had a couple of the Maxx and I thought it was a good smoke personally. I would go if they were doing an event here locally.
  • Options
    robert69165robert69165 Posts: 219
    Ive smoked the AB Overture and found them to be very good!
  • Options
    brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    I've had the Ovation Cameroon by AB. Thought it was a decent solid smoke. I think I still have a couple in the humi.....might have to dig one out to see if my memory is correct.
  • Options
    kaelariakaelaria Posts: 572
    I have tried the MAXX and just did a vid review of the Tempus - very nice!
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I've enjoyed a couple of the MAXX Cuves and they are a good smoke...not fantastic but good ...
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Havne't had an Alec Bradley I didn't like. My personal favorite is the Pryme, but the Harvest Selection 97, Maxx, and Tempus are all great smokes too.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I still need to try a Tempus
  • Options
    bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    gmill880:
    I still need to try a Tempus
    me too.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    cool man. I would like to have an event like that at my shop. though they could have them but I live a 1/2 hour away so I don't make it over there too often, plus I have been spending too much on ccom to have anything else for them.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Only the Tempus, but it's very nice.
  • Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I would definitely go. My favorite cigar ever so far is the Pryme and the tempus is very good as well.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I really like the Tempus. The Pryme was good, and the Ovation cameroon is pretty decent.
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    One of my favorites smokes is their Harvest Selection 1997. Think it's an unbelievable value. Have a couple of boxes sitting in my humidor
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'll have to try one of those Harvest Selections you sent me in a trade sdip...I had almost forgotten that I had them.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    This is a brand I have yet to sample at all. Need to remedy that.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Well I went to the AB event yesterday, and have to say the AB reps were very nice. They were handing out a new cigar that they are releasing soon. Apparently it's a blend that he (can't remember what his name was) is dedicating to his father. I didn't get one though, since I have never had a AB, I only bought 1 cigar and the deal was you buy 3 and get that one free. But after some aging, I am looking forward to smoking my new Tempus Robusto.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    You should have bought 3!

Even if you didn't like 'em, they would have been good for PIFs or trades in the future.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rdnstn:
    You should have bought 3!

Even if you didn't like 'em, they would have been good for PIFs or trades in the future.
    lol, there ya go. I like the tempus, only one I've had from alec though. might have to do an Urby, remedy it! lol
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Hell yeah, you shoulda bought some Prymes and sent them to me, lol.
  • Options
    alienmisprint:
    Hell yeah, you shoulda bought some Prymes and sent them to me, lol.
    No he should have sent them to me. BTW, I don't know if they would have had any Prymes. They were limited production and getting a little scarcer as they are no longer made. Speaking of which, I probably still need to pick up a box or 2.