Home General Discussion
Options

Pipes on Ccom?

taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
when did Ccom start carrying pipes? i usually go straight to the forum pages (so as to skip the temptation, and its what i have bookmarked) so has it been up for a while or brand new?

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I noticed a while back that the International place started carrying pipes, so I suppose it was just a matter of time.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i think its new here. like VERY new

cigar.com is not going through an identity crisis.
    ha ha
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:

ha ha
    Yes, pipes are brand spankin' new to Cigar.com. We just set them live this week. Expect regular updates as we're growing that segment of our website.
  • Options
    Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    That's funny I saw too and just figured I'd missed it for months or maybe forever so I didn't post anything...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    This is exciting. I have been very busy and not been on the forum for a long while. Coming back and seeing pipes added is great! I have been smoking a pipe for 1 1/2 years so I am still new to it but I am really starting to love it!
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    I enjoy a pipe once in a while and am happy that I can look at Ccom for some supplies. Timmah will be getting more emails soon.

p.s. Get some Dunhill and Frog Morton. Also some 1-M would not be a bad idea.
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    kuzi16:

ha ha
    Yes, pipes are brand spankin' new to Cigar.com. We just set them live this week. Expect regular updates as we're growing that segment of our website.
    I've always wanted to try a pipe but don't have a clue on how to smoke one.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Krieg just call up and ask to speak with either me or Sean and we can talk your ear off on pipe stuff.
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Alex Svenson:
    kuzi16:

ha ha
    You SOBS's - you're stocking my favorite pipe tobacco at some nice prices . . . sooo tempted right now. Toss in a few cool meerschaum pipes and I'm gonna have to bite on a big order.

Any chance you'll start selling some churchwarden pipe stems?
  • Options
    scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    What makes some of those pipes two to four-hundred dollars? I know nothing about pipes.
  • Options
    scarlin:
    What makes some of those pipes two to four-hundred dollars? I know nothing about pipes.
    Briar quality, grain, contruction, fit, drilling, finish. I might have missed a few. Pipes go from good and smokeable to really expensive and super nice in a hurry. Depends on the carver and quality. Name alone can charge a bit for pipes as well.

They are like blue jeans in a way. Sure you can buy a $20 pair of lee jeans and be happy the rest of your life. You buy a $40 pair of polo jeans and like them too, maybe a bit better. Then some name brand guy comes out with a $120 pair of jeans that might feel really nice, fit better, or look awesome. You have to deicde if you want that little bit more quality/wow factor for a lot more money.

A $10 corn cob pipe can make a person really content if they choose to enjoy it.
  • Options
    beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I smoked a pipe for a few years. It totally trashed my lips and tongue. The smoke is very abrasive, as compared to cigars.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Marker:
    A $10 corn cob pipe can make a person really content if they choose to enjoy it.
    My father used to smoke those!
  • Options
    beatnic:
    I smoked a pipe for a few years. It totally trashed my lips and tongue. The smoke is very abrasive, as compared to cigars.
    Many pipe tobaccos burn at 300 degrees or so. If you puff to hard or too fast they will burn you. Pipes are for sipping, cigars are for puffing. You will get some tongue bite even if you are careful but once you get the hang of it (rythym), everything works out pretty well.
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Krieg just call up and ask to speak with either me or Sean and we can talk your ear off on pipe stuff.
    So Andy, do you guys have more tobaccos available than what is listed? I find that I like a hearty, potent pipe and have really taken to Samuel Gawith blends, namely Full Virginia Flake and 1792 Flake. I'm also a big fan of G.L. Pease and would love to see my favorite cigar website stocking his blends.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i just cant get into pipes. i understand the quality and passion behind them, but i just cant do it.
  • Options
    kuzi16:
    i just cant get into pipes. i understand the quality and passion behind them, but i just cant do it.
    They're definitely not for everyone. The transition from cigars to pipes, even while still smoking cigars, is tough because they're so different. You get so much flavor from a cigar, that pipe tobacco seems kinda bland...it's only when you keep at it that you start to gain an appreciation for what the pipe has to offer. And again, it's just not for everybody. I know I had a bumpy start with pipes because the experience was so different, but I've recently gotten back into pipes after a bit of a break and I'm finding a real appreciation for what the pipe has to offer. I've learned to not compare a pipe to a cigar, that was the biggest hurdle for me, but rather to appreciate them both for their differences.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    {best Butthead from Beavis and Butthead impression...}

Huh huh huh... huh huh huh...pipe smokers... huh huh huh... :-D

• Options
    A pipe you can burn for 20 minutes on the way to work in the truck, and it doesn't stink up your truck like a cigar would. When you are done with a bowl of tobacco in a pipe you can dump it out and you are out very little. Pipe tobacco per bowl is relatively inexpensive (most of them).

• Options
    AugustWestAugustWest Posts: 62
    I see that they're carrying escudo, and that's a promising start. Maybe some C&D and Esoterica next???
  • Options
    J.S.J.S. Posts: 754
    1+ on Esoterica and maybe some Samuel Gawith and Gawith and Hoggarth too
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I just found my pipes! I haven't smoked them in a long time. I never really got the hang of it. I love the smell of a pipe. My Uncle used to smoke one when I was growing up. It always smelled delicious!
    I have learned so much here about cigars; I'm hoping to learn more about pipes. Maybe I'll give it another try.
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    We plan to expand the tobacc inventory quite a bit feel free to leave requests in here so the merch guys will see them.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    We plan to expand the tobacc inventory quite a bit feel free to leave requests in here so the merch guys will see them.
    email to ya.