Home General Discussion
Options

Things about cigars that bother me

xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
Maybe I'm just weird, but there are several things about cigars that are funyn or weird to me, so I'll post htem here for some feedback (sorry, I seem to be a bit drunk on some single malt scotch, so forgive the typos)

- Full bodied cigars burn the roof of my mouth, specifically, the area where my gums connect with the back of my front teeth; no idea why, but milds don't have this effect

After eating a wonderful t-bone steak cooked over Jack Daniels charcoal with some wood on top that acme from jack daniels barrles, my cigar and scotch seem to knock me for a loop; if I eat a tv dinner, down a bottle of wine, and smoke a medium or full bodied cigar, I don't feel a thing, but as I'm typing this, while smokiing a Cohiba Red Dot tubo that I've been saving, I'm very much on my ass

My cigars always seem to go out quicker when I get down to the area where the band used to be; no diea why, but it's annoying to have to coddle them around that area

Comments

• Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    LMAO! That is THE BEST drunk post Ive seen around here in a long, long time! Thanks x-mac, love ya brother. :-)

• Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    *giggle. I used to wish that they would make a Breathalyzer I had to blow in before I posted on a forum. I was a really stupid drunk. This isn't too bad though. I'm glad you are enjoying your Cohiba. Cheers!

• Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Well the burning of your gum or the roof of your mouth is just a sensetivity to strong tobaccos and high nicotine content. To the second question steak is high in protein where as a tv dinner has more carbs and sugars in there and that is what can prevent the shakes or the almost narcotic feeling a strong cigar can give you. Have some chocolate or something sweet with your cigar or just before lighting up and that should stop you from getting knocked on your butt. Lastly as you smoke the cigar the smoke it very humid and also has a decent tar content the collects on the tobacco as it travels over it making it harder to combust which will make it easier to go out.
  • Options
    KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    LMAO! That is THE BEST drunk post Ive seen around here in a long, long time! Thanks x-mac, love ya brother. :-)

+1 and it's only 6:45...
  • Options
    bbass2bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    KCW:
    +1 and it's only 6:45...
    LOL exactly what I was thinking. Good stuff!
  • Options
    jliujliu Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭✭
    hahaha. dude, you're my hero
  • Options
    SmokindaddySmokindaddy Posts: 1,107
    The Sniper:

+10 Couldn't agree more!!! LOL
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    . Lastly as you smoke the cigar the smoke it very humid and also has a decent tar content the collects on the tobacco as it travels over it making it harder to combust which will make it easier to go out.
    not only that but that area is where the rollers thumb folds over to hold the bunch together before the binder is applied. this can cause a slight twist in the bunch or a tighter spot int he bunch, and cause burn issues.

• Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    I always thought it was my crappy gums causing the burning...huh. i guess even drunk posting is good for learning something!
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    taythegibs:
    I always thought it was my crappy gums causing the burning...huh. i guess even drunk posting is good for learning something!
    It is when we got Andy D to make the save!

X-mac is gonna **** himself when he reads this thread tomorrow. LOL

• Options
    bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    X-mac is gonna **** himself when he reads this thread tomorrow. LOL

Glen, you know, in order for him to "read" it, pictures must be posted as he doesn't do to good with all these word things, LOL.
  • Options
    Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    Ha ha I love it!! Gonna have to try this drunk on cigar thing lol Andy PM me directions I wanna try it just once!!!lol enjoy my brother sounds like ur having a blast!!!
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    Full bodied cigar + sushi = Dennis sick or possibly vomiting (Cain Maduro)
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dennisking:
    Full bodied cigar + sushi = Dennis sick or possibly vomiting (Cain Maduro)
    I would think that anything + sushi would make someone sick. LOL!
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.
  • Options
    taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    hey now, sushi is awesome!
  • Options
    StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    taythegibs:
    hey now, sushi is awesome!
    Hell yeah it is! I caught a 60 lb flathead catfish on sushi! That stuff works better than Danny Kings Punch Bait! You'll never hear me bashing sushi!
  • Options
    xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Damn, this turned into an actual discussion?!
    The Sniper:

Well, with Lassie gone, the bars been set pretty low I suppose :p

Andrew Dzikoski:
    Well the burning of your gum or the roof of your mouth is just a sensetivity to strong tobaccos and high nicotine content. To the second question steak is high in protein where as a tv dinner has more carbs and sugars in there and that is what can prevent the shakes or the almost narcotic feeling a strong cigar can give you. Have some chocolate or something sweet with your cigar or just before lighting up and that should stop you from getting knocked on your butt. Lastly as you smoke the cigar the smoke it very humid and also has a decent tar content the collects on the tobacco as it travels over it making it harder to combust which will make it easier to go out.
    WOO!! Glad to finally have some answers; those annoyances had been bugging me for awhile, but I guess the liquid courage finally got me some answers :)