Home General Discussion
Options

Black Hills

gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
Just returned from a three day business trip to South Dakota. If you find yourself in "The Hills", definately check out the TinderBox in downtown Rapid City. A wine shop and fair sized humidor on one side and a VERY large cigar bar attached. Many leather sofa's and chairs and a nice little bar serving a good selection of euorpean beers. Outside seating was where I ended up with a nice La Aurora and some Pils. It was then on to Deadwood, where I disovered the Deadwood Tobacco Company on the main drag. Down a long flight of stairs into a great little cigar bar. Large well stocked walk in, good small space atmosphere. I selected a Padron 1964 with MASSIVE plume and settled in with a Rouge Dead Guy Ale followed by a Rogue Yellow Snow IPA. Both venues have live music on the weekends, and the customer service was great. On a parting note, definately go to the Deadwood Social Club for dinner (above the No. 10 Saloon)-one of the best Italian dinners I've had in some time. Sit at the bar if you can, or head outside for a great view of the canyon. Coming from a place with no cigar bars, these establishments were a very pleasant surprise...made my trip!

Comments

• Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gripnrip:
    Just returned from a three day business trip to South Dakota. If you find yourself in "The Hills", definately check out the TinderBox in downtown Rapid City. A wine shop and fair sized humidor on one side and a VERY large cigar bar attached. Many leather sofa's and chairs and a nice little bar serving a good selection of euorpean beers. Outside seating was where I ended up with a nice La Aurora and some Pils. It was then on to Deadwood, where I disovered the Deadwood Tobacco Company on the main drag. Down a long flight of stairs into a great little cigar bar. Large well stocked walk in, good small space atmosphere. I selected a Padron 1964 with MASSIVE plume and settled in with a Rouge Dead Guy Ale followed by a Rogue Yellow Snow IPA. Both venues have live music on the weekends, and the customer service was great. On a parting note, definately go to the Deadwood Social Club for dinner (above the No. 10 Saloon)-one of the best Italian dinners I've had in some time. Sit at the bar if you can, or head outside for a great view of the canyon. Coming from a place with no cigar bars, these establishments were a very pleasant surprise...made my trip!
    buy a few cigars from vaughn at deadwood tobacco every now and then online, one of these days ill make it up there