Home General Discussion

Free shipping the jokes on me

Just wondering if this angers anyone else. For one thing I hate usps with a passion and I only order from places that state ups. so when I check a site over if they don’t say ups I close the window. now what gives any company the right to down grade there shipping policies just because you get the FREE shipping deal? I mean I would not be so mad if they stated such. now last week I ordered a pack of cigars from some one else in there local area I also got the daily deal with free shipping now it was ups ground but hey I am in va so I still got them the next day :) and I like that I had them for the weekend. now don’t get me wrong I like ccom I have been looking here for weeks and I am just disappointed now and if my cigars show up damaged (usps) well I will not be back. I feel lied to and cheated I seen they had the option to pay a extra 9.99 for next day shipping and I took a chance based on the given info and since I knew ups ground gets here the next day anyhow ugh. I knew I should have just went the other daily deal at 29.99 it would have made it here and no hidden cost for GOOD shipping.

Sorry for the long rant.

Jason

Comments

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    Brother, not too sure what you are trying to say here but I think you are complaining about FREE shipping. I get most all of my cigar and Amazon stuff via USPS. Sometimes it takes a little longer than it should but I NEVER had cigars or other products damaged. Sometimes, USPS will get to me faster than UPS ground. I am in NJ so UPS ground should be a day max but sometimes it's not. I don't believe ccom downgrades their shipping. Did it ever state anywhere that their free shipping was UPS? I do not believe so. Also, if you have a problem with USPS in your area that is not cigar.coms fault. There are a lot of customers who get their products via USPS and there are no problems. Also, think about this! Cigar.com does NOT have to offer free shipping. You are saving $5.95 - 10 each time you get free shipping so, you are complaing that you are saving money? If you have that much money, can I have some?
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I believe that all shipping methods are listed on ccom when checking out. usps is slower than usps though. maybe it depends on your area but I have to usually wait many more days to get things with ups. plus they are more expensive.
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    funny....i actually prefer usps to ups. UPS is slower and doesn't show up until 8-9pm. The only complaint I have about USPS is that they keep sticking my cigar boxes in my mailbox and they get stuck because the box is almost the exact same size as the mailbox.
  • brc81:
    The only complaint I have about USPS is that they keep sticking my cigar boxes in my mailbox and they get stuck because the box is almost the exact same size as the mailbox.

Heh! I'm glad I'm not the only one having that experience!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Wow, I've complained about a lot of things in my life, but never anything for free... Well except for those free crabs I got one time... You can't hardly boil those tiny things and there is NO meat on them... uhhh... nevermind... I think I'm sharing too much. Anyway, seriously, why would you complain about a free shipping offer??? I don't care if they strap it to the back of a freakin burro! (DOWN BOYS!) If I don't have to pay for shipping and I still get the smokes in good condition then I'm gonna be as happy as a puppy with two peters. Really man, if thats your biggest complaint in life then you have it pretty damn good.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    brc81:
    funny....i actually prefer usps to ups. UPS is slower and doesn't show up until 8-9pm.

I completely agree. USPS constantly comes to California in 2 days and always arrives 12-3:30 PM. UPS Ground from the same state takes about 5+ days, generally costs more unless the item is rather large, and comes anywhere between 5 PM and 9 PM.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    well let me see, I sent wheelie a package vis usps and it got to him in like 2 or maybe three days (1st class) but ups took like 6 days or something, and they don't deliver on saturdays. Also the service department are Aholes, even our driver said that as well. The driver in my area is cool and now leaves packages in an area we agreed about but before I had to sign for them. I work during the day so that was extremely helpful.. I like usps as they leave things and are much quicker (for me).
  • leonardleonard Posts: 359
    USPS is faster and never had any damage. Just saying....
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Some first post...Jeezus!!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I prefer USPS to UPS myself, I've never had a damaged cigar, and with the way ccom packs them, you could drag it behind a burro all the way here and the cigars would likely be ok.

So to the OP, if you don't like USPS, then either spend the extra money for UPS or don't *** about free USPS. You do what you gotta do, but I think you're over-reacting a bit, actually considering the other responses, I think you're over-reacting a lot since it seems nobody else has such a problem with USPS. Well whatever, I hope your cigars arrive unharmed and you enjoy them, though I will say that not doing business with a company like ccom over a shipping method is going to be your loss, they are simply awesome.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    j0z3r:
    You do what you gotta do, but I think you're over-reacting a bit, actually considering the other responses, I think you're over-reacting a lot since it seems nobody else has such a problem with USPS.

To be fair, the quality of service from shipping companies seems to be regional. I've been in a few other forums (not cigar related) and it seems that everyone is split on USPS, UPS, and FEDEX. It seems like most people dislike shipping company X because of reason Y. In fact, it is sometimes even deeper than regional. When I order things with USPS, they appear at my home unharmed. However, when my father orders with USPS for his business (located in the opposite side of town) they frequently arrive in crushed boxes. This leads me to the conclusion that some drivers are much rougher with their packages than others.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    leonard:
    USPS is faster and never had any damage. Just saying....
    I prefer USPS, they are faster and more reliable. Never any damage. Except I can't get it out of the mail box.. Now my mailgirl puts the packages on the porch. When I send stuff two days average anywhere three days tops.. UPS here blows.. It takes a week to get things here from 100 miles away. Now Fed Ex takes the grand prize for fast and efficient. next day delivery, two days tops..
  • brc81brc81 Posts: 249
    There is only one company that I refuse to ship anything with and that is DHL. I've only received stuff through them a few times and every time they've failed to deliver because they couldn't find my house. UPS, FedEx, USPS all good overall, I just generally prefer USPS.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    I prefer USPS , never had a problem with anything I have received. UPS does always seem to come late in the evening.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    j0z3r:
    You do what you gotta do, but I think you're over-reacting a bit, actually considering the other responses, I think you're over-reacting a lot since it seems nobody else has such a problem with USPS.

To be fair, the quality of service from shipping companies seems to be regional. I've been in a few other forums (not cigar related) and it seems that everyone is split on USPS, UPS, and FEDEX. It seems like most people dislike shipping company X because of reason Y. In fact, it is sometimes even deeper than regional. When I order things with USPS, they appear at my home unharmed. However, when my father orders with USPS for his business (located in the opposite side of town) they frequently arrive in crushed boxes. This leads me to the conclusion that some drivers are much rougher with their packages than others.
    I see your point, and I agree that such a scenario can happen. I've seen evidence of UPS drivers being equally as rough as some USPS drivers can be, this reflects more on the driver than it does the shipping company in my opinion.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    As many other ppl have said, free shipping is free shipping. And I've had daily deals shipped both free UPS and free USPS as well as regular orders shipped both ways, and to be honest... the shipping time varies for each. Sometimes UPS is faster, sometimes USPS is faster.

CCom really does a superb job with packaging and getting orders out early and in the mail, and with humidified shipping it really doesn't matter that it might take a day or two more for one or the other. I've never had anything damaged, and everything has always been delivered in tip-top shape.

I've never had a single problem with any order, no matter which shipping method I use. The important part is that free is free, and i think i can speak for the majority of the forum by saying that no matter which method it happens to ship out, you'll be 100% satisified with any business you do with CCom.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Wow, talk about a rant...I do not know anyone else here that would complain about free shipping...anyways...I have used USPS numerous times and I like the fact they I get deliveries on Saturdays. I have never had any damaged cigars from ccom, they always package thier smokes nicely. Now I do have one complaint about USPS...thier tracking SUCKS. I usually get my smokes before the status ever updates on the website.

"Long ashes my friends."

• tankbonniestankbonnies Posts: 191
    I just got a headache from reading this....took me two times to read it and I still don't understand a word he wrote......
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    when shipping cigars i ONLY use USPS. im not sure why you you hate quick inexpensive service. hell, they even ensure your packages if you ask. the last time i DIDNT ship USPS i was upset. its slower and more expensive.

you do have every right to not buy from cigar.com again, but it isnt their fault. even though it wasnt if you called em up i bet they would work something out with you.