Home General Discussion
Options

Hemingway Between the Lines

VisionVision Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
I have seen them being smoked, in humidors, and the nubs in ash trays, But never for sale. How rare are they and are they still being released. I just googled it and some places say they have them until you go to buy them and they are out of stock or back ordered. Are they really that rare?

Comments

• Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Short answer... yes. And they are good.
  • Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I have a sealed box from 2011 and a few singles. Hard to find and great smokes IMO. Usually they are about $15-$18, depending on your vendor, but again, I've seen em as high as $30 each.
  • Options
    I see em once a year for 19.05 just traded my last one to bigharpoon recently.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    they are very rare.
    i dont think they are anything special.
    not at all worth the $17-$20 they go for. they do look cool.
  • Options
    Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    kuzi16:
    they are very rare.
    Expensive? Yes.
    Rare? Somewhat, especially when you add the "reverse wrap" into the mix.
    Good? they're OK, but for the Opus prices, I'd pick an Opus every time.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I personally think they are just ok. However one of the guys I smoke with loves them and buys a box every time they are in stock at my local (large chain) B&M. I have actually seen him walk in, buy what was left and come back the next day and then buy what was left of the next box. And when they do have them there are like $11 or $12.
  • Options
    The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    I LOVE THESE DAMNED THINGS!!! Because of the two wrappers, to me its like chocolate... then caramel... then chocolate... then caramel... the whole way thru! Almost like smoking a really good hot fudge sundae with caramel! Scoop em up every chance I get, which isnt often.

• Options
    lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Steve2010:
    kuzi16:
    they are very rare.
    Expensive? Yes.
    Rare? Somewhat, especially when you add the "reverse wrap" into the mix.
    Good? they're OK, but for the Opus prices, I'd pick an Opus every time.
    +1 Ive tried a few reverse wraps and have maybe 2 left, taste the same. I would also grab an opus over it.
  • Options
    danielzreyesdanielzreyes Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they change the band recently? I was gifted with a BTL from bigfnsteve, and I noticed the one he gave had a diff band from my others.
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    danielzreyes:
    Did they change the band recently? I was gifted with a BTL from bigfnsteve, and I noticed the one he gave had a diff band from my others.
    Yes they did.
  • Options
    0patience0patience Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    I LOVE THESE DAMNED THINGS!!! Because of the two wrappers, to me its like chocolate... then caramel... then chocolate... then caramel... the whole way thru! Almost like smoking a really good hot fudge sundae with caramel! Scoop em up every chance I get, which isnt often.

+1
    I like them. The last one I had, I paid $12 for. So it would seem that it depends on where you are.
    In Fumo Pax
    Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cigars and that's close enough.

Wylaff said:
    Atmospheric pressure and crap.