Home General Discussion
Options

Re-arranging the humi

So after a lot of thought I've decided to make some room in the humidor for about half the box of Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinets, which I've been nuts over since I tried the sampler two months ago. I took out several of the Ryj's I had, the freebie five pack of the rocky patels, and some of the don pepin garcias. I left the cohibas, the Gurkha titans, the la aroma de cubas, the perdomo esv's and the oliva serie v's. The ryj's have a weird "whang" to them when I smoke them. I don't know what I'm tasting, but it's very present, and almost nonexistent in other cigars I've tried except for the ccom Cuban label. All I know is that it was strong and a bit unpleasant. I don't know if I should have left them in, if age would mellow that out.
Did I make the right choice by moving the aforementioned cigars into the tupperdore?

Comments

• Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Erm. I would swap the Cohibas for the RPS.
  • Options
    betasynn:
    Erm. I would swap the Cohibas for the RPS.

I would, but I spent $75 on the cohibas and the rp's were freebies. What am I tasting in the RYJ's? It tastes almost chemical. Anybody else have thoughts on them?
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Chemical is bad...perhaps the tobacco was not fully fermented before rolling? I don't know what the cause is, but I know from experience that chemical is about the worst taste a cigar can give.
  • Options
    So what's everyone's opinion on the RyJ's? Everyone I've tried has that weird underlying flavor. What do y'all think about them?
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I've had a couple and haven't been too impressed. I know that the R&J reals are popular around here. I just couldn't get into it.
  • Options
    brsmith21brsmith21 Posts: 207
    I've had a reserva real recently that was fine, though nothing to get excited about. I had a havana reserve last week that I thought was very good.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Chemical is bad...perhaps the tobacco was not fully fermented before rolling? I don't know what the cause is, but I know from experience that chemical is about the worst taste a cigar can give.
    well right under swisher sweets... I'd take the chemical taste over them. hmmmm, bleach.... whoohoo!