Home Cigar 101

Irish Tabacaleras Classroom

13»

Comments

• 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to say a big big thank you to everyone who logged into Skype yesterday and was able to make it and interact as a make up for the first session! I really had a wonderful time talking with everyone and doing what I could to help out! I would like to have another session on this coming Sunday since that time seemed to allow many more people to join in and interact, and it's my last day off before I start my DISH job. Does anyone have a suggestion or idea they want to delve into much deeper and have be the focus of our next study session? Something maybe like; different vitola sizes and the what's/why's of them and how to smoke different sizes for the best experience?
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • marineatbn03marineatbn03 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭
    sounds good to me
  • StreaterStreater Posts: 293
    What time?
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    Streater:
    What time?
    +1
    That was going to be my question, when is this going down again, it was fun.
    Sorry for the radio silence for a few days brothers, but life and the brand new jobs paperwork and startup have kept me a little busy. I'd like to do this either Sunday evening or the evenings of Monday or Tuesday. I'm flexible on timing just need someone to throw out a time that works well for them and make sure that the general consensus agrees. Please put down what timezone you are in if you volunteer a time that works well for you so that I can adjust and coordinate accordingly ;) I think it sounds like this weeks topic is going to be different vitola sizes and how to smoke them and get the best experience from it. In this case we will have a genre of cigars that play well into the topic, so in order for everyone to have a chance to have a cigar in their stash that will work for this weeks lesson plan I'll make it broader.

This Weeks Cigar Genre: Shaped Cigars or Lanceros.
    Torpedos, Preferidos (Perfecto or Double Perfecto. Think Fuente Hemmingway line or any Est. 1844), Salomons, or Lanceros.

This Weeks Topic: How to smoke and get the richest experience out of all cigar vitolas
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
    I will smoke mine after, but you know anytime is good for me, what else do I really have to do? lol.
    marineatbn03:
    I will smoke mine after, but you know anytime is good for me, what else do I really have to do? lol.
    Lol sounds good bro! And gimmie a break, you're a soldier and doing college at the same time too! I have no idea how you manage it all, but d@mn proud of you regardless bro ;)
    Yes, but I still have a lot of time, lol.
  • Medic45Medic45 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭
    You tell me the time and I'll be there bro
    Ok guys, thank you for all of the support.... means more than you know and has really been giving me the confidence to start wrestling this bull by the horns and finally going for my career path, thank y'all! So I'm thinking either Monday night at 6pm or Tuesday night at 7-8pm MST.... thoughts on what works better for anyone?
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Ok guys, thank you for all of the support.... means more than you know and has really been giving me the confidence to start wrestling this bull by the horns and finally going for my career path, thank y'all! So I'm thinking either Monday night at 6pm or Tuesday night at 7-8pm MST.... thoughts on what works better for anyone?
    Any chance you could record these and put them up on your site or youtube or something? My nights are horribly booked lately, only have one free and the wife has first dibs on it...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
    Tuesday sounds good to me. Can you tell us how to get in on the chat again? I know that you mentioned it somewhere, but I can't seem ti find it.

Streater:
    Tuesday sounds good to me. Can you tell us how to get in on the chat again? I know that you mentioned it somewhere, but I can't seem ti find it.

Add irishman.cigars on your skype contacts, and he can I add you to the group or james.c.collins2 and I can do it as well.
    Will do. Is this a free service on Skype, or will I need to buy Skype time?
    This is all the free service brother, no need for credit or anything. We just use it like a group instant messenger so you can have a real-time conversation.
    marineatbn03:
    This is all the free service brother, no need for credit or anything. We just use it like a group instant messenger so you can have a real-time conversation.
    Very cool. So, we will all have the video element, or will it be like a normal chatroom? I'll do my best to make this. Thanks.
    It will be just a chatroom
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    That is a freaking perfect topic! I have been curious about the different sizes and how to gauge each one. Oh, and we have out salomon MOW Virtues ready to go! I hope we are able to make it on (don't know why we would miss it since we spend all our free time on here it seems and skype is always open).

Thanks again for offereing these chats up Brett. Definitely great for us noobs and I imagine vets too. Certainly generates some good conversation. Oh, and keep that ankle elevated during the chat!
    Thanks everyone and I will keep the ankle safe :) It's crazy today with talking with work and grinding through the details on what I need to do for that. I'll let y'all know ASAP if it will hero ugly or tomorrow night, but will give y'all a heads up soon!
    Whatever works for you Pro-fessah
    Ok chillen' here's the deal; I am freed up this evening and will be on Skype starting in twenty min (5 pm MST) for anyone who can make it. Otherwise I will be doing a make-up session on Friday at 6 pm MST. Today is more of a relaxed setting for those who can make it since I'm currently in the lounge that I frequent having a cigar and doing some typing. Like I said, today is much more of a discussion and Q&A session with the actual "lesson plan" being posted on Friday. Hope to see any who can make it shortly, and as always thanks!
    Bumparoo, going on now!!
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    Just wanted to say thanks for having these classes or discussions Irish. I whooped in on the laptop after it had started and spent forever reading over everything else you guys had already thrown out and looking up more stuff off of it on Google. I loved the test on if you are smoking "correctly." It had us paying more attention tonight when we stepped out back. Great info! Also, can we do a little bit sometime on the difference of the growing conditions and how they difference since I saw mention of the sun grown a few times. I know I hit up Justin and James about it shortly after you signed off and they helped me out, but maybe more people are in the dark on that stuff too. Hope you are feeling better man.
  • mmccartneydcmmccartneydc Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭
    I too am anxious to participate on this, but haven't had time to get the internet hooked up at the new house yet so until then, I just get to read about it here! :(
    T.J. Armstrong:
    Just wanted to say thanks for having these classes or discussions Irish. I whooped in on the laptop after it had started and spent forever reading over everything else you guys had already thrown out and looking up more stuff off of it on Google. I loved the test on if you are smoking "correctly." It had us paying more attention tonight when we stepped out back. Great info! Also, can we do a little bit sometime on the difference of the growing conditions and how they difference since I saw mention of the sun grown a few times. I know I hit up Justin and James about it shortly after you signed off and they helped me out, but maybe more people are in the dark on that stuff too. Hope you are feeling better man.
    Thanks TJ for the words brother! I'd be happy to help out any way I can! I'd happily explain what I know about the differences, but I think it may also help to talk about the differences in how they are grown and harvested then cured and fermented as well... I think that might clear up some misconceptions and assumptions too ;) Thanks again TJ, really appreciate the support and kindness :)
    mmccartneydc:
    I too am anxious to participate on this, but haven't had time to get the internet hooked up at the new house yet so until then, I just get to read about it here! :(
    No worries Matt and thanks! I'll be putting up the notes and lesson plan from yesterday shortly, hopefully that helps ya out with keeping up to date :)
    How is the leg brother? And we are getting together again?